Calendar event acting odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
In the Outlook 2010 calendar on Win 7, there is an event that was created from an invitation, that has a web link in it. When I click on the link, a message pops up that says something like iCloud cannot create a note using rich text, it will be converted to plain text. The only choice is to Edit Note or cancel. When I click Edit Note, it changes all the text in the calendar event to plain text.

The same thing happens if I select any text in the calendar event and right click and select Copy.

Any ideas why this is happening?
The original invitation that created this calendar event seems to have come from a Google Calendar, at least is what it says in the original email.

Thanks

I'm not copying it to the iCloud calendar, but it seems like it is trying to create a Note in iCloud (on its own, that is what is confusing me here - why is it trying to create a Note?) then complaining because the appointment is in HTML. All I am trying to do is click on a link that is in the calendar event. Same message comes if I select some text in the calendar event and right and select Copy.

While I am not intentionally copying it to iCloud calendar, I guess it is present in the iCloud calendar since it is syncing with iCloud.

Thanks

It's possible that the original appointments were HTML and they were not converted to plain text on import - I'll have to double check.

The original email was a GoToMeeting invitation - it says it was sent from Google Calendar, not sure how that even works, since I thought GTM invitations always come from your email or from GTM.

Is it a reminder or an invitation? The Invites will be from your default email account but if you add it to your gmail calendar and you have it configured to send reminders, it'll be from the gmail calendar.

You do have me curious - I use an application that interfaces with gmail calendar and it sends invites from gmail but I think it uses my gmail address, not Gmail Calendar - it'll see if i can repro.

It is an invitation, at the top it shows the Meeting tab with Accept and Decline buttons

At the top of the email, it says:

-----Original Appointment-----From: Google Calendar [mailto:calendar-notification@google.com] On Behalf Of ********
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:01 AMTo: ********************
Subject: *******When: Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:30 AM-9:10 AM (UTC-07:00) Arizona.Where: Web Conference

Then it has a "more details" button that brings you to a Google Calendar page that shows the same info

Below this is the usual GoToMeeting invitation info, with the link to the meeting

I tried to reproduce this by sending an invitation from my Google Calendar, but it looked quite different.

Thanks

This is what my google calendars invites look like - I have my office365 address set up as a g+ account and can use the calendar, so the From address is mine. This was created by 3rd party scheduling software (ScheduleOnce, which doesn't sync with Office365, yet - only google) with a gotomeeting bridge (so I don't need to take the extra step of creating a meeting.)

sample-event.png

The reminders the calendar sends are from google:
sample-reminder.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
J Event/Meeting in Outlook Does Not Align with SharePoint Calendar Using Outlook 5
P Calendar Day View only shows 1 all day event Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 Calendar multiday event display Using Outlook 4
M Automatically create event in calendar when task is created Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Calendar - Centering an event in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook calendar...How to add an event or appointment without a border around it? Using Outlook 9
J Create Calendar Alert Event form Mail Subject line? Using Outlook 4
P Change the Outlook.com "from" address for calendar event invites Using Outlook 9
Commodore Calendar Folder property is missing - Event 27 Using Outlook 11
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Using Outlook 0
D Adding a participant automatically to a calendar event Using Outlook 1
H Changing Organizer of event (for single to total calendar move; long way ) Exchange Server Administration 4
H Conflicts with other event in calendar ( outlook 2007 & 2010) Using Outlook 0
J dragging an calendar item to deleted folder does not trigger ItemRemove event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
C Recover calendar Using Outlook 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 1
CWM550 Outlook 365 HELP! Calendar Craziness! Using Outlook 5
Commodore Slow calendar Using Outlook 0
C How to import Outlook calendar? Using Outlook 1
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
KeithJB iCloud calendar sync only works one way! Using Outlook 3
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
O Unable to make changes to an existing Calendar entry Using Outlook 11