Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer F

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,
I moved my outlook pst files from a computer with office 2007 to one with office 2016 (I have 2 POP3 email accounts) and all my email folders and tasks look great. The problem is I now have 2 sets of calendars and contacts - one set from my existing pst default file with all the data in it and another from the new ones created when I set up Outlook that I can't seem to locate of delete.
When I set it up the first time, I selected the existing data files as I set it up; but having this problem, spending tons of time researching and trying things, I finally starting over - deleted accounts, profiles etc. and I now have the same issue. The real problem is the default calendar because when I'm in email (99% of the time) I can't see any of my scheduled events and I am also adding calendar entries to the wrong calendar at times.
What do I do to delete this mysterious new data file?
Thank you in advance!!

Jennifer F

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
And the other problem is that I have no reminders since the events are not in my default calendar.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Which data file is set as default in File, Account Settings, Data files? Set the original one as default.
Which data file do you want the pop accounts to deliver to? are they going into that data file? Look at the bottom of the Email tab after selecting the account - use change folder to change the delivery location.

When you are finished, restart outlook then you should be able to right click on the extra pst and remove it - make sure its empty first.

Jennifer F

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
The original pst file is set as the default and yes they deliver to that data file and that's the same file/folder shown at the bottom of the email tab. I can't find the other pst file anywhere!
When I select calendar properties from my original property, the location is is \\emailname@yahoo.com\Calendar. When I do the same in the new, blank default calendar, it shows the location as \\emailname@yahoo.com. In contacts the properties location is the same for each: \\emailname@yahoo.com. How do those locations relate to the pst file names? My original pst file is named "emailname@yahoo.com Outlook Data" and the new one that I can't find to delete is just "emailname@yahoo.com". I don't know if that helps!
PS - I am so happy to see your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Default IMAP account not working after SP1 for Outlook 2010 installed Using Outlook 6
C Outlook 2010-could not perform function; default mail client not properly installed-when trying to a Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1
J Installed outlook and it says not installed Using Outlook 2
J Just installed Outlook 2010 on computer and user is getting a 0x80004005 error Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J How to Stop OutLook from being Installed Using Outlook 1
J Office + Outlook 2013 installed, but I need to install Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Slow Since Office 2010 Installed Using Outlook 1
G Microsoft Outlook 2007 may experience Send/Receive or performance issues after a recent update (KB2412171) has been installed on the computer Using Outlook 2
W Cannot Search Outlook Folders - Office 2010 Installed on Server 2008 R2 Using Outlook 2
A I have purchased a replacement computer and installed Outlook 2010. My server is a 2003 small business exchange server. How can I access the calenda Using Outlook 1
K "The information service is not installed in your computer" message and Outlook 2010 not opening Using Outlook 2
W Cannot Search Outlook Folders - Office 2010 Installed on Server 2008 R2 Using Outlook 3
R Outlook contacts and calendar wiped out when I installed Windows 7 Ultimate Using Outlook 2
B Windows 7 Home Premium installed but Outlook says invalid product key Using Outlook 2
P Outlook folder path changing automatically when move or delete Item from custom task folder which is installed in Exchange 2010 sared mailbox Using Outlook 1
C Uninstalled Office 2007 and installed Office 2003. Unable to work with Outlook. Using Outlook 5
E Hello i just installed outlook 2010. __ Using Outlook 2
Y Just installed Outlook 2010: Can't see any sent or received messages in either Inbox/Sent Items or f Using Outlook 2
J Re: Please help correct Error on step 4 of converting Windows mail to Office Outlook 2007(already installed). Using Outlook 3
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
L Keeping Outlook contact, documents and favourites from trial programs installed. cant access these files to export them. Using Outlook 2
M Social Connector installed, uninstalled, now install crashes Outlook Using Outlook 3
M I installed MS office small business 2007 upgrade, but I can't send or recieve emails in Outlook. Plz advise. Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010. Themes not installed. Also, how change background colour for all subsequent emails. Using Outlook 3
T Outlook has stop send/receiving emails since kb2207566 installed Using Outlook 1
C Can Office 2010 Home and Student be installed and keep Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2000 wizard tries to start when I right-click to email an item from a folder--have Outlook 2007 upgrade installed Using Outlook 1
S outlook 2007 installed. office 2010 student just installed. outlook now won't function Using Outlook 1
T MS Word set for editor, cant find word, not installed, or wrong version for Outlook version error. Using Outlook 2
M I recently installed a trial version of Outlook 2010 and my address book was exported from Outlook Express. It no longer appears in Outlook Express. Using Outlook 3
A Error message: cannot create a new item__with newly installed Outlook 2010 on a Notebook Using Outlook 4
X Outlook 2010 will not open or start! just installed it! I get this error message 'c:\users\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst' who Using Outlook 2
R Social network provider installed but do not appear in Outlook Using Outlook 13
P I can no longer receive jpeg images on my Outlook 3 (I have installed the Service Pack) Using Outlook 3
W Installed 2010 Outlook can send but not receive emails. Using Outlook 1
F got 0ffice 2010 and installed it and it asked if i wanted outlook updated to 2010. When I did it got rid of all my old emails that i need now. how d Using Outlook 1
C Installed IMAP e-mail account and now address book is empty in Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 1
F installed microsoft office professional 2003. How do i disable log in in outlook? It is very annoying. Using Outlook 1
L Installed Outlook 2010, connects and synchronizes with GMAIL but cannot see received email. Using Outlook 2
L Cannot install BCM 2010-"Outlook 2010 Not Installed" but it is! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
W I have Office 2010 and I get an error code 4202 when I try to sync my Hotmail with Outlook, I have downloaded and installed the lastest connector Using Outlook 9
A Microsoft Office Outlook could not be started. Make sure Outlook is installed and properly set up on your computer. Using Outlook 8
J "Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook" and error code 0x8007000 Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2007 won't open after Windows 7 updates installed. Using Outlook 17
T Determining if Outlook is installed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L HUP Office 2007, MSSMLBIZ.msi error, outlook not installed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
I Long delay in switching folders since I installed IE 9 Beta Using Outlook 2
B Intergrated Accounting System. I get message 'not installed'. ????? Using Outlook 1
L need to install Office 2010 without click-to-run or uninstall after fully installed. Using Outlook 1