Import from Outlook.com .ost to IMAP .pst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
To shift from POP3 to IMAP and stop duplicates, I created a new Outlook 2016 profile. I successfully imported all the mail from my local Outlook 2016 .pst file, but none of my contacts or calendar entries appeared. When I switch back to my "old" profile, the calendar and contact data reappear and the heading of my Calendar and Contacts windows indicate that the data is coming from Outlook.com. I also see the data when I open Outlook.com from Internet Explorer.
In my file listings, ( >local>Microsoft>Outlook ) I see a file named myname-IMAP-Outlook 2016.0st, and a second one named myname@hotmail.com.ost , but the new profile doesn't seem to use it. Finally, in my Documents folder I have an Outlook.pst All these files carry current dates, i.e., they are all linked in somehow.

Is their a way to re-link Outlook 2016 to my Outlook.com data in the new profile? Or is there a way to import the contact and calendar data from Outlook.com so I can load it into my local .pst file for the new profile? Maybe I need an online consultation. :)

Heh... they just released an updated build that fixes it - build 16.0.6568.2036. To get the update manually, go to File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.

Is there a reason you are using POP and IMAP with Outlook.com instead of the native Exchange services (either EAS if still on the old server or Exchange Server if on the new one)? This would allow calendar & contacts to sync. Otherwise, you need to open the pst that has the calendar and contacts in the IMAP profile.

Actually, I didn't know any better. I'm a solo home user, and I've done pretty well, but not with this. What steps should I take to untangle/redo my attempts. I'm using TimeWarner as my vendor (RoadRunner). How to hook up with the "native Exchange services"?

Use auto account setup to add the account and see if it gets added as Exchange ActiveSync or Exchange Server. File > Add then enter your email address and password. You don't need to remove the current account - you can have two in your profile. If it tells you that you need to restart Outlook, it's on the new server and you'll be able to import and use all outlook features.

ActiveSync is a lightweight sync protocol (intended for syncing phones) and is not full featured - whether you want to use it or wait until your are on the new server is up to you - if you don't use it, open the outlook.pst that is in my documents in your profile (File > Open, Outlook Data File) and delete the active sync account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R PST->Outlook.com (Import vs Drag-n-Drop methods Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
R How to Import Exchange Calendar data to Outlook.com Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
C How to import Outlook calendar? Using Outlook 1
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
P Import Categories from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 8
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
C Import Outlook 2016 contacts into to: field Using Outlook 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
T Outlook Calendar 2016 import Excel Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Batch Import Photos into Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
B Import Excel Text into Outlook Calender Using Outlook 4
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Macro to Bulk Import Contacts and vCards into Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Macro to Bulk Import vCards into Outlook Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
V Import from Outlook 2013 ost file? Using Outlook 2
E Want to Import Outlook 2003 pst files to later version Using Outlook 6
A Does Outlook import Gmail Archive? Using Outlook 1
bhogesh How to import .htm saved mail to outlook Using Outlook 3
J Easy way to re-import Gmail folders/labels into Outlook? Using Outlook 9
Calvyn Outlook 2003 cannot import .vcs subject Using Outlook 1
Sarge USMC Cannot import/export Outlook 13 Using Outlook 6
L Outlook 2007 Codes Export and Import Using Outlook 9
L Outlook 2007 Toolbar Export and Import Using Outlook 7
K Import 2013 Outlook Contact Address into Word Using Outlook 36
tswatek Import feature not working in Outlook Using Outlook 3
Hudas Import Outlook Emails(Inbox) to MS Access as Attachment Using Outlook 1
C Is It Pssible to Import Outlook Email files to Thundebird Using Outlook 2
wallisellener Outlook restarting after BCM import BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C import pst in Outlook 2011 for Mac Using Outlook 0
H Bulk import of PST files into Outlook Using Outlook 1
K outlook 2007 Export/Import Distribution lists Using Outlook 1
H How do I import all my old email from Entourage 2004 (I have put email in separated folders), into my smart box of Outlook 2011 ? Thanks__ Using Outlook 2
J bug in converting eml files of wlm on import to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
J Create or Import a Outlook Rule through C# code. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N How Can I create an Outlook Macro to import calendar? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K How to import BCM data to Outlook Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Import vCalendar items on the fly to outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E How do I import two lines in the address for Outlook? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How do I import MSN Hotmail Calendar into Microsoft Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Outlook 365 File access denied attempting to import .pst Using Outlook 6
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3