How can I load a HTML template into the WordEditor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanBru

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi there,

When making a reply to a message, I want to insert the contents of a template, which is in HTML format, before the original text. Can you suggest a way to to that please?

I'm thinking of loading the HTML file into a wdDoc in Outlook, then pasting it to the start of the active inspector's wdDoc, but I can't find the method to load the file.

I look at the free chapter 17 from Sue's Progamming Outlook book but it doesn't have all I need.

Thanks in advance,

- Alan.

Thanks. That seems too simple to be true... Will that really concatenate the HTML correctly? I thought that I'd have to parse the headers etc, that's why I was trying to go via a Word document object.

I'm putting this in a COM add-in so several users can share the templates. So QuickParts aren't an option.

Yes, it should. Obviously, the best way to know is to test with it the template you plan to use. I mostly only tested it with backgrounds for replies. I use a version for new messages to insert the newest html in a folder into a new message- that works great, but it's a new message so no reply text to get in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
J VB6 Add-in fails to load in Outlook 16 - message useless Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Always Load an Outlook Addin Using Outlook 1
William getting custom form to load category colors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J BCM 2013 in Outlook 2013 will not load BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
H Macro to load an Outlook Template Using Outlook 2
M Load a template when you reply Using Outlook 1
A Not able to load an add-in for outlook 2007 developed in VSTO 2005 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S COM Addin Failed to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2007 Add-in strange load behavior Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G "Cannot load GUI library into memory" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Why does BCM not always load when I restart Outlook? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Using VBA to load the CC line on an Outlook email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S BCM does not load in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Can you load an OlkComboBox and show a previously selected value? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W My VSTO 3.0 Outlook addin doesn’t load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P What is it, and why won't it load? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
M VBA Form how to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Business Data Import and Export Load Error Cannot Map BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook AddIn can't load outside Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Application.ActiveInspector() is Null on Ribbon Load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Load a recipient based on a value in a combo box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Business contact manager will not load? databinding? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J add-in won't load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
N Load audio file into Media Player control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook 365 html inline images Using Outlook 0
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control Using Outlook 3
D Custom form with html hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Emails Configured As HTML But Sent As Plain Text Using Outlook 13
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
George Simpson "Switch to HTML" in Outlook 2016 notes field Using Outlook 1
H Search and delete part of a link inside HTML body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2013 doesn't download html messages Using Outlook 0
cabinet guy permanent response in html Using Outlook 1
C Signatures in HTML emails Using Outlook 5
I Outlook 2013 Appointments not in HTML Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
B Replies never HTML Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2002: HTML Emails Will Not Print: Please Help Using Outlook 0