"Cannot load GUI library into memory"

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeorgeAtPrime

Does anyone know how I could eliminate the "Cannot load GUI library into

Memory" warning upon creating a new istance of outlook?

I am trying to automate some "overnight" emails from excel/access vba that

requires outlook to be open. If not open, my excel vba opens a new instance

of outlook. Unfortunately, upon doing so, i receive an Outlook 2007 warning

pop-up stating "Cannot load GUI library into memory", effectively halting the

procedure until the user clicks "ok".

Any ideas as to how to either: 1) successfully direct Outlook 2007 to load

the "GUI library", or 2: disable such pop-up warnings when Outlook is loading?

I'm ok with excel vba, but not too familiar with outlook. Sorry if this is

a dumb question.
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Are there any Outlook addins being run? That is not a normal Outlook startup

error message, some other code is firing that.

"GeorgeAtPrime" <GeorgeAtPrime> wrote in message

news:5BA02BE1-6688-4891-9F1B-065489CC4EB5@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how I could eliminate the "Cannot load GUI library into
> Memory" warning upon creating a new istance of outlook?

> I am trying to automate some "overnight" emails from excel/access vba that
> requires outlook to be open. If not open, my excel vba opens a new
> instance
> of outlook. Unfortunately, upon doing so, i receive an Outlook 2007
> warning
> pop-up stating "Cannot load GUI library into memory", effectively halting
> the
> procedure until the user clicks "ok".

> Any ideas as to how to either: 1) successfully direct Outlook 2007 to load
> the "GUI library", or 2: disable such pop-up warnings when Outlook is
> loading?

> I'm ok with excel vba, but not too familiar with outlook. Sorry if this
> is
> a dumb question.
 
G

GeorgeAtPrime

Hi Ken, Thanks for responding.

No, I don't have any add-ins running, but I have included some vba in the

ThisOutlookSession Application_Startup event.

In addition to the automated email sending I mentioned, I am trying to get

outlook to start some processing when certain data file attachments are

received. Consequently, I have included some additional code in my

Application_Startup() event.

Truth be told, I am an Outlook neophyte (i know just enough to be dangerous)

and am probably improperly calling outdated (perhaps Outlook 2003) or

unreferenced outlook objects. I usually do all my vba in excel. I think

it's time to bite the bullet and start studying Outlook vba!

George
wrote:


> Are there any Outlook addins being run? That is not a normal Outlook startup
> error message, some other code is firing that.

> >

>

> "GeorgeAtPrime" <GeorgeAtPrime> wrote in message
> news:5BA02BE1-6688-4891-9F1B-065489CC4EB5@microsoft.com...
> > Does anyone know how I could eliminate the "Cannot load GUI library into
> > Memory" warning upon creating a new istance of outlook?
> > I am trying to automate some "overnight" emails from excel/access vba that
> > requires outlook to be open. If not open, my excel vba opens a new
> > instance
> > of outlook. Unfortunately, upon doing so, i receive an Outlook 2007
> > warning
> > pop-up stating "Cannot load GUI library into memory", effectively halting
> > the
> > procedure until the user clicks "ok".
> > Any ideas as to how to either: 1) successfully direct Outlook 2007 to load
> > the "GUI library", or 2: disable such pop-up warnings when Outlook is
> > loading?
> > I'm ok with excel vba, but not too familiar with outlook. Sorry if this
> > is
> > a dumb question.


> .
>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Always mention the Outlook version you're working in and what language

you're using when you post. That way people can answer appropriately.

In this case also post your macro code so people can see if there's anything

wrong with it.

"GeorgeAtPrime" <GeorgeAtPrime> wrote in message

news:F10F0258-E0FA-43E5-BDDC-EFC381E60AC1@microsoft.com...
> Hi Ken, Thanks for responding.

> No, I don't have any add-ins running, but I have included some vba in the
> ThisOutlookSession Application_Startup event.

> In addition to the automated email sending I mentioned, I am trying to get
> outlook to start some processing when certain data file attachments are
> received. Consequently, I have included some additional code in my
> Application_Startup() event.

> Truth be told, I am an Outlook neophyte (i know just enough to be
> dangerous)
> and am probably improperly calling outdated (perhaps Outlook 2003) or
> unreferenced outlook objects. I usually do all my vba in excel. I think
> it's time to bite the bullet and start studying Outlook vba!

> George
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A MS Outlook won't load... Error message>>> "Cannot open your default e-mail folder:" Using Outlook 4
S Business Data Import and Export Load Error Cannot Map BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
S Outlook.com cannot edit some contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
B Search: Cannot find which Folder Contains a Message Using Outlook 3
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
S Appointment-Cannot set Categories because ConversationID is not set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Cannot post "Sneaky URL"!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Commodore Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
A Cannot Figure Out This VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Cannot Figure Out One Thing on VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Brian Murphy Exchange Online Everything a Transport Rule should do and cannot Exchange Server Administration 1
A Error: The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
K Other Shared Calendar on Outlook cannot change items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Cannot access outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1
S Outlook data file cannot be accessed message Using Outlook 5
O Cannot open or save calendar items Using Outlook 0
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
wallisellener "The database name cannot exceed 50 characters" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: cannot remove system folder Using Outlook 3

Similar threads

Top