Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Tee

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

I've migrated back to Windows from Mac. But I use Windows 7 at work and Outlook 2010 there.

I've installed Office 2016 on my new PC.

I'm trying to configure it so that when new messages arrive the number shows up in the sidebar where each email account is.

Now, it's not doing that. It's only when I select a specific account, say, my outlook.com one, will it then indicate that there are new messages and will show them in the list.

In Outlook 2010, next to that account name or Inbox in the Favorites sidebar, there will be the account name and next to it, in red, the number of new unread messages.

I want Outlook 2016 to do that for my 3 email accounts which I'm using. I can't seem to find the settings for it.

Thanks.

Martin

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
so the count shows behind each folder, it's just not updated automatically? That is usually an indicator of issues with the firewall or router. Outlook.com and Exchange accounts are affected by this issue, not pop3 and imap.

What firewall do you use? Are you connecting to the internet through another computer? This is a common cause of issues.

Martin Tee

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Diane.

I've set up AVG which has a firewall feature, but as I'm still getting back up to speed on All Things Windows I'm not sure how it's configured. And the PC connects to the 'net via my ADSL router.

In the meantime I'll have a look at the firewall settings.

Cheers

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.