Contact group shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hey all. i have a ton of outlook contacts that need to go into contact groups. Is there any kind of code to speed this up? In a perfect world I'd like to highlight, say, four contacts, run the code and voila - a contact group is created and they're all thrown in. Wishful thinking?

Thanks as always. You guys are saving lives here.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
How about one that operates not with email messages but with contacts? For instance, if I highlight three contacts in my Contacts folder, and want to create a DL for them?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I should have code somewhere that does that too - but it wouldn't be hard to re-write the code to do it.

Basically, you add the addresses to the to field of a new message then add the addresses to a group.
Code:
    Set newMail = oMail.Reply
    Set oRecipients = newMail.Recipients
            With oDLGroup
                .AddMembers oRecipients
' just save and close
                '.Close olSave
' if you want to see that the address was added to the DL
                .Save
                .Display
            End With

newMail.Close olDiscard

if you are creating a new group, you don't need to do a lookup and select a group, just set the name of the oDLGroup.
Set oDLGroup = Application.CreateItem(olDistributionListItem)
oDLGroup.DLName = "Group name"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Add Email Addresses to a Contact Group New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C in outlook 2007-Contact Group-One name have 3 mail id-its possible? Using Outlook 3
A Contact Group issues Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook contact group lists corrupted Using Outlook 8
V Contact group: addresses in BCC? Using Outlook 2
S [outlook-users] Create contact group from other user's contacts Using Outlook 1
R Adding Second Business Contact Group BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Outlook 2007 contact group Using Outlook 2
K Outlook Contact Group - can you convert to a .vcf? Using Outlook 1
M Ways to see and manage contact's DL (Contact Group) Membership Using Outlook 2
N I set up contact group and when I try to send emails to groups, I get invalid recipient message (showing the group name) and no messages are sent Using Outlook 2
M Ways to see and manage contact's DL (Contact Group) Membership Using Outlook 1
B Group Contact dropping single contact. Using Outlook 2
2 Lost CONTACT GROUP after Office 2007 reinstall Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 2010 questions, Mass import into contact group, cull duplicate addressbook entries, alphabet Using Outlook 1
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
GregS 2016 Contact List being managed by Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Victor_50 Outlook 2013 Custom Contact Form starts with "E-mail 2" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
M Contact photos are distorted Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Contact Manager - A viable successor? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 7
N Contact display as Using Outlook 2
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
N How to turn off autocorrect in contact notepads Using Outlook 2
S Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders Using Outlook 3
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
P AGGGGHHHH!!!! - Address Books and Contact Subfolders Using Outlook 5
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Mass Updating Contact form used Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Rupert Dragwater How to import contact list Using Outlook 15
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T One Contact list, two sections of company (none) Using Outlook 2
M regarding legacy contact cards Using Outlook 2
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
A remove or turn off outlook.com contact folder from outlook 2016 Using Outlook 4
L OL 2016 contact: is there a way to prevent an admin from mistakenly deleting a contact? Using Outlook 1