Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPR

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Our firm is using O365. I need to find a way to restrict users from being able to export their messages to a PST. I have seen several methods online which describe a way to accomplish this by modifying registry entries. One method uses a key to disable PST creation, while another method uses a key to disable the import/export button. I have tried these methods but have been unable to get them to work. The Outlook version that I am using reads 'Outlook 365 Apps for Enterprise' 'Version 2007 Build 13029.20308'. Has anyone been able to successfully restrict users from creating PSTs? I would prefer a method that allows me to test this without using a GPO first.

Hey,
I suggest you use the third party application. There are many free software available you can use this

Hey,
I suggest you use the third party application. There are many free software available you can use this

Thanks, can you suggest any reputable ones? I'm also trying to see how others have successfully done this on their own through registry tweaks. Even Microsoft has posted articles advising on how this can be done but some users are not successful either.

You don't need a 3rd party app to disable the use of pst files - actually, i don't think there are any 3rd party apps that could do it.

You can use group policy to disable the commands and to disable the use of pst files. The policy keys will work - for 365, you need to put them in the 16.0 path. Oh - and some of the keys won't work with the Family and personal versions- I'm pretty sure these do. (I'll boot a VM and check.)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\disabledcmdbaritemslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Disabling "Myxxx" naming Using Outlook 3
L Tired of Outlook disabling Adobe PDF Creator add-in Using Outlook 1
V Disabling all delete notifications Using Outlook 0
Q Disabling cancelled messages in meeting invites Using Outlook 1
B Disabling form region change Using Outlook 0
C Disabling "Do you want to save changes?" Meeting Popup? Using Outlook 0
M Stop Search folders from disabling every 1-2 days? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J BCM-disabling the "delete" button BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
W Outlook 365 File access denied attempting to import .pst Using Outlook 6
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
C How to import Outlook calendar? Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
M Export-Import .pst file problems Using Outlook 2
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
CWM550 Import Exchange Server Administration 1
R PST->Outlook.com (Import vs Drag-n-Drop methods Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
DoctorJellybean Import accounts\files Using Outlook 1
S Import contacts to a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Import Categories from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 8
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
Rupert Dragwater How to import contact list Using Outlook 15
C Import Outlook 2016 contacts into to: field Using Outlook 1
P Import an .ics file to a specific calendar Using Outlook 4
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
R ost file import Using Outlook 2
T Outlook Calendar 2016 import Excel Using Outlook 1
I Import Office theme .thmx Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Batch Import Photos into Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Import Appointments into a Group Calendar Using Outlook 0
B Import Excel Text into Outlook Calender Using Outlook 4
M How to Import YES/NO Checkboxes? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Converted .ost to .pst: Want to Import and Reconnect with IMAP Email Account Using Outlook 2
GregS Import from Outlook.com .ost to IMAP .pst? Using Outlook 3
Q Outlook 2016\365 export specific rules to import in another system Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Macro to Bulk Import Contacts and vCards into Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Import Images into the Active Directory Using Outlook 0
M convert/import a customized record into the default "Account" record BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky Macro to Bulk Import vCards into Outlook Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about saving my .pst so I can import it to my Outlook after I build a new system Using Outlook 10
V Import from Outlook 2013 ost file? Using Outlook 2
ogodt Change Default contact form and import from Excel 2010 Using Outlook 1
E Want to Import Outlook 2003 pst files to later version Using Outlook 6