Transfer Autocomplete from Pop to Exchange

Post number 4 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdub74

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
In the next week a company I do some work for is changing from a POP to Exchange and therefore I will need Create a new profile and setup as Exchange then import the PST file to the New Exchange Profile which should import emails and contacts, is there anyway I can transfer the Autocomplete?

I know if you are transferring Outlook to a new computer and want to transfer the Autocomplete, you just copy the Stream_Autocomplete file to the new computer an rename the file to match the name of the Stream_Autocomplete file on the new computer, does anyone know if I can do the same thing when setting up a new profile for Exchange.

Hoping someone will know if this will work.

You can do the same - get a list of the autocompletes in the %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook\RoamCache folder - the newest one will be the exchange one. (it may not be created until you send a message). Close outlook, make a copy of the pst's autocomplete, copy the new name and rename a copy of the one you are using now.

Or just get Nk2Edit from nirsoft.net and import it.

You can do the same - get a list of the autocompletes in the %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook\RoamCache folder - the newest one will be the exchange one. (it may not be created until you send a message). Close outlook, make a copy of the pst's autocomplete, copy the new name and rename a copy of the one you are using now.

Or just get Nk2Edit from nirsoft.net and import it.

Thank you for your reply with NK2 edit, once I have imported the autocomplete, do I just export it to overwrite the autocomplete file that the exchange profile creates?

if you are using nk2edit, it will update the autocomplete file the new account uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to transfer things from one calendar to another Using Outlook 2
M Transfer To New Computer - Lost Some Outlook Functionality Using Outlook 0
C Transfer Outlook TextBox Text Into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R can I transfer outlook data from old pc by using .ost file instead of the .pst Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Transfer POP3 Mail on an iPhone to Outlook Using Outlook 7
P Macros in Word 2003 - how to transfer to another Word 2003? Using Outlook 1
E Some Calendars Not Visible After Transfer Using Outlook 2
A Creating rule to create week folder and transfer mail using alert Using Outlook 3
M HELP--Extract Data from 2003 outlook transfer to excel spreadsheet Using Outlook 1
S Anyone know how to transfer Outlook Express "Identities" to Outlook 2010 ... Using Outlook 1
D Unable to transfer rules from one Outlook computer to another Using Outlook 5
S transfer email account settings from Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 5
L How do I set up or transfer a distribution list into Global contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER does not allow for BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
O transfer BCM SQL data without backup BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2003 to 2007 data transfer Using Outlook 3
T Transfer Form to other pc's Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Autocomplete (Recipients) opens upward Using Outlook 2
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
V Autocomplete not working on new email account Using Outlook 4
G Autocomplete adds suspicious "@unknown.email" to selected contacts Using Outlook 1
J autocomplete function in custom form Using Outlook 1
M Outlook.com autocomplete list invaded by strange items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
M email autocomplete broke.. Using Outlook 5
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
A Autocomplete issue Using Outlook 6
Michael Durthaler Outlook 2013 Autocomplete File Is Infected Using Outlook 1
U Autocomplete not working Using Outlook 5
S Recover Autocomplete After Computer Failure Re-install Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Limit Using Outlook 3
Z Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts” to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
J autocomplete in "To" field does not work for display names Using Outlook 8
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Outlook 7
N Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete Using Outlook 0
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
K Autocomplete list not saving distribution list Using Outlook 3
T Autocomplete, although enabled, does not complete names in TO: Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
CWM550 I'm thinking about switching back to POP Using Outlook 11
C Pop Server Changing Verizon/Aol to Yahoo Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
P PST file is getting huge under POP 3 Using Outlook 2