Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I returned to Outlook 2019 after a dalliance with Mozilla Thunderbird
Before I left, I was able to double click on photos embedded in the body of an email and they would open in Windows Photos or Photo Viewer
Now double clicking does nothing
How can I get that functionality back?

Were they imbedded in the HTML or attached? Most embedded html images won't open in a viewer - but I seem to recall pics sent by my sister from her iphone did. Will need to find them and check.

I just did some tests on my outlook 2016. Photos in the body of email will not display in a viewer when clicked on.
Photos sent from my iPhone are attachments, so they do use the viewer.

Photos sent from my iPhone are attachments, so they do use the viewer.
I have a client who is trying to get photos sent from iPhone sent as attachments. I think its an iphone change, he thinks windows or outlook.

Do his iPhone photos come through in the body?

Mine is iPhone 7, almost up to date with latest updates, the latest update still to be installed.

Yes, the photos are embedded. I have an iPhone 6s and mine also are sent with images embedded. Sending from either photos are opening Mail and attaching the phone = embedded.

Adding a signature used to convert to html - but removing the sign doesn't send as plain text.

I did some research, probably the same pages you would have seen.
I saw the mention of a signature as a factor, but I noticed that I had a sig and it was not showing up, but rather was an attachment too.
(this is being received on an Outlook account hosted by Hostgator).
Then I sent from iphone to my hotmail account in Outlook, the image is embedded in body, and the sig appears.

Then I wondered if the account I sent from on the phone makes a difference.
So I sent it from my phone, but sent from my hotmail account. Now the image is embedded in the body and the sig shows up, when received in both the hostgator and hotmail accounts.

So the type of account it is sent from on the phone makes a difference.
(sending from Gmail on the phone, it is an attachment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Outlook 365 issue getting details from embedded files, crashing routine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
O Non-standard fonts - are they embedded? Using Outlook 2
S Email Format With Embedded Images and Tables Change Using Outlook 2
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
E Embedded form in email Using Outlook 1
R Deleting Attachments(embedded) in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 10
R How can I retain embedded object with voting button reply? Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2007 not displaying embedded images in emails Using Outlook 1
N Outlook refuses to show embedded images on Citrix Windows 2008 R2 Using Outlook 29
D Use Outlook 2003 embedded imaged cannot print from the mail preview list Using Outlook 4
M Save embedded image in native format Using Outlook 6
S Embedded links Using Outlook 1
V Can't click on embedded link in Outlook e-mails--error message "not allowed" Using Outlook 6
R Detecting if attachement is embedded or not Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K loop through distribution group (and potentially, embedded DGs) by Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Saving Embedded Images in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
M Contact photos are distorted Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Batch Import Photos into Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Export (Save) Outlook Contact photos Using Outlook 0
D Text Of Facebook Status Updates & Posted Photos NOT Showing In Emails Using Outlook 3
Commodore Editing contacts and adding photos Using Outlook 4
C Contact photos not showing in reading pane in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
O Export (save) Outlook Contact photos Using Outlook 2
icacream Stopping Outlook to resize photos... Using Outlook 2
K Import Photos into Contacts Using Outlook 3
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
V Outlook macros no longer run until VB editor is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 search no longer works Using Outlook 2
P Posts in Folder No Longer Group by Conversation Column After Search Using Outlook 0
A Manually Building DisplayName <emailaddr> No Longer Works Using Outlook 0
U Keyboard Remapper no longer works in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
J How to restore field no longer visible in field chooser? Using Outlook 1
T Office 2013 no longer updating automatically Using Outlook 2
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
J Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Cached mode no longer works with NTLM authentication Exchange Server Administration 0