Posts in Folder No Longer Group by Conversation Column After Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterH

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Long before the "group by conversation" feature appeared in Outlook, I have been using folders with items created by "Post to This Folder". In my case, I create posts to remember programming problems I have solved. I use the conversation column to group my posts. This type of item allows me to "Post" to a certain conversation. My view is set to group by conversation and sort by conversation, then created date. I only view three columns: Subject, Created and Conversation. This works great as it has for a thousand years.

But in the last few versions of Outlook (not sure exactly when it started), there seems to be a bug when I search the folder. The group by and sort by don't change but it will not show the "conversation" column anymore and, therefore, it will not group by conversation like the normal view. It groups by subject instead. In fact, the subject appears again in the conversation column, so that's why it is used for grouping.

Oddly, if I open a folder containing only these posts from an old PST, that still works the way it used to, but even when I match the view settings exactly, it doesn't work in Outlook 2016 or later OST. I've waited patiently for MS to fix this bug or to find a solution on google, but nothing has changed in the most recent versions.

I illustrated the problem with snips in the attached PDF.

I've googled this to death and can't find an answer. It's driving me crazy...

Thx

Attachments

• Outlook Conversation Column Missing After Search.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P How can I stop Outlook 365 duplicating the posts? Using Outlook 1
O How to delete posts Using Outlook 1
G .ost file corrupted / solved the issue with some posts already said, but .ost file is corrupted agai Using Outlook 2
J How to get "new lines" (line breaks) in posts here Using Outlook 11
D Outlook 2010: Conversations view - most recent activity posts to of inbox? Using Outlook 2
F Outlook Re-Downloading RSS Feed Posts Days Later Using Outlook 3
T Why is no one responding to the posts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Folder Pane Colour Categories Using Outlook 6
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4