.ost file corrupted / solved the issue with some posts already said, but .ost file is corrupted agai

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRDWats9

Outlook version
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hi all,

one of our users is getting the error when outlook is opened that the .ost file is corrupted. Curiously not always happens when the outlook is opened but it happens a lot of times. We have tried to remove/rename the ost file with the purpose of recreating it again as we need that this user works in cache mode. After doing that the ost file was re-created and everything seemed fine. However the issue come back again appearing exactly the same message.

I could read in one post that after renaming the existing one, it would be interesting in doing a chksdk /r just in case of bad sector. Later recreate again the ost file.

Do you know or would you know something more which we would need to keep in mind or taking care of it?

Thanks

it could be bad sectors, but windows should skip it when writing the new data file.

Are you using any software that interacts with outlook? If it keeps the ost open when you close outlook, the ost can be corrupted.

Is your antivirus software scanning the ost? (If so, turn that feature off.)

Converting the ost to a pst is not going to help when the user has an active Exchange account.... and scanost only fixes the problem (same as deleting the ost) - it doesn't nothing to address the reason why it's getting corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
DoctorJellybean Use OST file location for fresh installation? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
DoctorJellybean Preserve OST file location in new installation? Using Outlook 4
S Moving .OST file location unsuccessful! Using Outlook 6
S auto-mapping mailboxes in outlook impacting an ost file? Exchange Server Administration 2
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
BretAB Connected vs Connected Headers vs OST file. Exchange Server Administration 2
BretAB Connected vs Connected Headers vs OST file. Using Outlook 2
R How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ? Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2013 Any way to move .OST file to new system? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
R ost file import Using Outlook 2
A .ost file problem Using Outlook 4
J How to Fix “Encounter a large number of conflict items in Exchange OST file” Using Outlook 2
O Moving .ost file Using Outlook 12
J Outlook 2013 how to convert 2013 OST file into an another format, i m using outlook 2013 versions. Using Outlook 1
C Converting OST to PST File Using Outlook 3
B How to recover deleted MS Outlook OST file? Using Outlook 4
T OST vs PST file size Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst) Using Outlook 0
S How to do I convert OST file to PST? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Is it possible to recover a permanently deleted email from my .OST file? Using Outlook 0
R can I transfer outlook data from old pc by using .ost file instead of the .pst Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Moving an Outlook offline data file (*.ost) Using Outlook 3
V Import from Outlook 2013 ost file? Using Outlook 2
H Can't change the location of the Data File (.ost) in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
Tony H. I want my OST file permanently deleted Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 .ost File Size Exchange Server Administration 2
M How do I Repair OST File from corruption and Recover OST data? Using Outlook 3
O Previous OST file items are inaccessible Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
R How to recover old hotmail messages from an .ost file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
K Extracting Calendar information from a OST file? Exchange Server Administration 5
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 OST thinks it is PST? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
L Restoring Outlook from backup of OST Using Outlook 5
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
abnet Advice required re backing up .ost and .pst files Using Outlook 7
V Carbonite not backing up .ost files Using Outlook 7
O Using .OST and .PST mail thru different providers Using Outlook 5
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2010 Can somebody tell me , the question associated with OST format Using Outlook 1
katehawkins Outlook 2013 Ost to pst conversion problem Using Outlook 1
E How to transform .OST in .PST ? Using Outlook 1
C OST email backup Exchange Server Administration 1