Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbis1967

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

Last weekend I moved over 1500 emails (approx 6 months worth of emails received from my clients with important attachments) into subfolders (for each client I set up on on icloud) so that I can manage and find emails quicker and easier. I also moved these very important business critical emails to icloud as the storage capacity of the TPG mail server (my ISP) is only 2GB (I have an IMAP account). My icloud storage capacity is 1TB and I have only used aprroximately 170mb.

I managed to successfully move over a similar amount of emails that I "sent" to various clients into their folders on icloud however some did not move accross. However 95% of the emails I "received" from clients that I moved over to icloud have all disappeared. They never went to icloud. I have confirmed this with Apple support.

I would like to know where these emails are or could be..........they have possibly 1 gigabyte or more of data from the attachments.

I have contacted Microsoft, Apple, my ISP and nobody can explain where they have gone. Have they seriously gone forever?

I have looked at filters, subscribed folders, looked on the webmail for my ISP as well as icloud but nothing.

Perhaps if the block of emails I was moving from my ISP email account to icloud was too big? Nobody is giving me any solutions.

The messages were never deleted. Surely they must be somewhere?

Someone please help.

Robert

Close outlook and make a copy of both the iCloud and tpg data file in %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook = select, Ctrl+C,V is sufficient.

Reopen outlook and go to the folder list - Ctrl+6 - look for error messages in the Sync issues folder. Typically, when there are errors, the uploads stops but the contents should stay in the data file and are only lost if you delete the data file.

Download one of the recommended ost recovery apps listed here - Convert an Exchange or IMAP .OST to a .PST - and run it on your copies. The trial versions will show you want it can recover - if one can't find the missing mail, the other will not be able to either.

If it finds any of the missing mail, you will need to purchase the app to recover it.

Thanks so much for your reply. I tried to repair the ost file but no joy. Am now goiung to try and convert to pst but i have no faith. This has really been a terrible experience. Anxiety plus.

Is it possible the files are still in TPG, and just ended up in different folders? Have you done a search for some keywords or client names to try to locate them?
And how exactly did you move them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
C Your mailbox has been temporarily moved ... Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
CWM030 Connected accounts mail moved to trash? Exchange Server Administration 16
N Tracking Mail items being moved to folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
DAVID A moved the Outlook CST file - All subfolders lost Using Outlook 2
D Is it possible to automatically send an email when it is moved to a folder? Exchange Server Administration 1
Aussie I Change the Subject Line ... but after it is moved the subject has reverted Using Outlook 1
W Shared inbox sub folders not visible when moved Using Outlook 3
D How to forward each email x minutes after it arrives in inbox and hasn't been moved or deleted? Using Outlook 1
D iTunes moved Outlook.com Calendar to Delted Items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access Using Outlook 3
Stig Arvidsson Need a Script for handling moved mail from inbox Using Outlook 3
Commodore Unified inbox shows moved messages for a while Using Outlook 4
W "You Replied on" Gets Stripped from Emails after they are Moved to Folder Using Outlook 1
S Error 0x80040600 + Cannot move the items. The item cannot be moved . . . Using Outlook 9
Z Mark moved copies as "Read" Using Outlook 19
D Outlook Archiving sent emails which have been moved to inbox folders Using Outlook 1
M Forwarding vCard prompts Send As (From field) on Contacts that were moved Using Outlook 6
M Recover moved mail to task folder Using Outlook 1
S Recovering Tasks moved to Mail folders Using Outlook 3
Forum Admin Can the conector's data file be moved? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Parent of moved mailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
T 3 months of archived e-mail is missing Using Outlook 1
O Display more months in 'Tasks' Using Outlook 3
W Showing more months in the Calendar nav pane Using Outlook 10
J Show three or more months in Calendar Using Outlook 1
C Adding date Validation between 2 months Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3