Preview of Form Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

escamoteur

Hi,

is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed

from my addin??

Best

Tom

The form region itself will be there in the designer, but to see how it

looks with the underlying item you need to run it from an addin.

"escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message

news:BBCDA954-27B8-4A26-998D-3C6F59AFE36A@microsoft.com...
> Hi,

> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form
> Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed from my addin??

> Best

> Tom

Ok, I see it in the designer, but I can't see how it will look like with automatic layout.
<kenslovak@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e1oYnP2FKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> The form region itself will be there in the designer, but to see how it
> looks with the underlying item you need to run it from an addin.

> >

>

> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message
> news:BBCDA954-27B8-4A26-998D-3C6F59AFE36A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
>

>> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form
> > Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed from my addin??
>

>> Best
>

>> Tom

>

Right, that and how it will look in conjunction with the actual form all

need to be run from an addin to see.

"escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message

news:1A058137-FD0F-46B3-8307-2BECA18D9D21@microsoft.com...
> Ok, I see it in the designer, but I can't see how it will look like with
> automatic layout.

> " - " <kenslovak@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:e1oYnP2FKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > The form region itself will be there in the designer, but to see how it
> > looks with the underlying item you need to run it from an addin.
>

>> > >

> >

>

>
>
>
>
>
>> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message
> > news:BBCDA954-27B8-4A26-998D-3C6F59AFE36A@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi,
> >
>>> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form
> >> Region from the Form Designer or can it only be displayed from my
> >> addin??
> >
>>> Best
> >
>>> Tom

> >

Easier way to Preview of Form Region

I found a way to make the design and "Preview" easier without a Add-in.

If you define the manifest in a way that you don't define a add-in instead provide the path to the Formregion file then you can

modify and test the form quite easyly.

Set the newly registered form as default form for a folder via the Outlook Userinterface (Folder-Properties)

When you now create a new item in this folder you will see your new Form in action.

The nice thing about it is, that you can modify the form in the designer, save it and just create a ew item an you will see the

changes without changing the Add-In or to restart Outlook.

Best

Tom
<kenslovak@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uf6cxw3FKHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Right, that and how it will look in conjunction with the actual form all need to be run from an addin to see.

> >

>

> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message news:1A058137-FD0F-46B3-8307-2BECA18D9D21@microsoft.com...
> > Ok, I see it in the designer, but I can't see how it will look like with automatic layout.
>

>
>
>> " - " <kenslovak@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e1oYnP2FKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> The form region itself will be there in the designer, but to see how it looks with the underlying item you need to run it from
> >> an addin.
> >
>>> > >>

> >>

> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message news:BBCDA954-27B8-4A26-998D-3C6F59AFE36A@microsoft.com...
> >>> Hi,
> >>
>>>> is a beginners question, but can I preview a completly new designed Form Region from the Form Designer or can it only be
> >>> displayed from my addin??
> >>
>>>> Best
> >>
>>>> Tom
> >>

>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
R Call a Public Sub when a Flag is clicked on in the Message Preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Categorise emails on sending - macro not working in Preview mode Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1
H What Controls what is shown in the preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Auto Preview Attachment in Inspector Reading Pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A OL16 C2R attachment preview fails Using Outlook 8
Z Importing PST files from Outlook 07 to Outlook mac Preview Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2016 Preview Address Book Options Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016 Preview Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Disable Live Preview in Outlook and Word Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky New Office365 Feature: URL Preview in OWA Using Outlook 0
J Copy email from preview pane with headers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
1Firefly Outlook 2013 Converstation preview does not show my last reply Exchange Server Administration 1
L Sort bar at top of inbox preview outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
Y (Shared Folder) Using the preview pane to open and close a fax, without opening the email itself Using Outlook 1
A Possible to modify people preview window? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 won't preview Office attachments Using Outlook 3
D Use Outlook 2003 embedded imaged cannot print from the mail preview list Using Outlook 4
M Estimated time in preview bar. Using Outlook 1
E Blank Print Preview when access via the Quick Access toolbar Using Outlook 3
P Read receipts and preview panes Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2007 preview jpg files Using Outlook 5
M How to get the preview pane handle, when it is created with menu c Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Chaning MessageClass with Preview Pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Customized form: The Forward option shows write layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Latest Changes to form not appearing for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2