Assigning Values to Contact UserProperties

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MWE66

I am running Outlook2003.

I added several "new" variables (UserProperties) when creating a revised form for Contacts viewing (NCDF). The MessageClass for contacts displayed with the new form (and user variables) is IPM.Contact.NCDF

I ran a (one time)VBA procedure to change the message class of relevant contacts to IPM.Contact.NCDF

Everything seems to work fine except when I try to assign values to UserProperties under VBA control.

There are no problems with existing contacts or new contacts created manually. Forms works fine, UserProperties values are what they should be. VBA procedures that assign values to UserProperties work fine.

If I create a new contact under VBA control and assign values to standard variables, that works fine. But it if I create a new contact using a VBA procedure and assign values to both standard contact variables and UserProperties, the UserProperties remain Null.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate that feedback.

Thanks

Show a relevant code snippet, please.

In your form design, do the custom fields appear on the All Fields tab under

"User Fields in This Item"?

Sue Mosher

"MWE66" <MWE66.44okgm@invalid> wrote in message news:MWE66.44okgm@invalid...

> I am running Outlook2003.

> I added several "new" variables (UserProperties) when creating a
> revised form for Contacts viewing (NCDF). The MessageClass for contacts
> displayed with the new form (and user variables) is IPM.Contact.NCDF
> I ran a (one time)VBA procedure to change the message class of relevant
> contacts to IPM.Contact.NCDF
> Everything seems to work fine except when I try to assign values to
> UserProperties under VBA control.

> There are no problems with existing contacts or new contacts created
> manually. Forms works fine, UserProperties values are what they should
> be. VBA procedures that assign values to UserProperties work fine.

> If I create a new contact under VBA control and assign values to
> standard variables, that works fine. But it if I create a new contact
> using a VBA procedure and assign values to both standard contact
> variables and UserProperties, the UserProperties remain Null.

> If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate that feedback.

> Thanks

> > MWE66
> >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Outlook reference to Excel and assigning category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
G Tasks not assigning Using Outlook 3
M Assigning a specific font color to new emails using rules when they arrive Using Outlook 3
J Contacts: Assigning followup date by category Using Outlook 2
P Outlook assigning tasks to contacts without e-mail Using Outlook 1
O Assigning a single instance of a recurring task OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 3
M assigning a category during import BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6
A Add attachments to appointment based on field values Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Using Outlook 0
T What code to use to move the custom field values to message body when sending e-mail ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
N How to retrieve user defined fields values to bcm form. Using Outlook 2
D Multiple values for a field (like categories) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Make 2 independent Subs use shared Data Values Using Outlook 3
S Populate textbox values from one form to another form. Using Outlook 0
M Default values for contacts Using Outlook 8
G Displaying value of task subject field as values from two custom fields Using Outlook 4
W Linking dropdown values Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Passing values from custom form into another form's text box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J User defined fields with pre-defined values Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Getting values of custom categories set on Calendar folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Where is the best place to store values for combobox entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Error in values when exporting report to Excel BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Boolean values for Checkbox fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2