Context menu for new message window

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Hi All,

I am developing an add-in for Outlook 2003 and above and would like to add

an item to the context menu of the "new message" window. Is this possible?

We are using Word for the editor and HTML.

Thanks,

Tom
 
Outlook 2007 adds various context menus to the object model. Outlook 2010

more or less deprecates those and adds new context menu operations to the

ribbon. Outlook 2003 has nothing like that. You can try using the

CommandBars.OnUpdate method to get a hook to the menus, but that's a really

hacked thing that sort of works for Explorers but not really well at all for

Inspectors.

"Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message

news:%23Xz6TjExKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,

> I am developing an add-in for Outlook 2003 and above and would like to
> add an item to the context menu of the "new message" window. Is this
> possible? We are using Word for the editor and HTML.

> Thanks,
> Tom
>
 
Hi Ken,

I have not found the context menu for Outlook 2007 for the new message

window. How do I hook to the context menu for the new message window for

Outlook 2007? Is this buried in the Word object model somewhere? I am only

interested in the HTML editing.

Thanks for your response!
<kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:eSsfjBGxKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Outlook 2007 adds various context menus to the object model. Outlook 2010
> more or less deprecates those and adds new context menu operations to the
> ribbon. Outlook 2003 has nothing like that. You can try using the
> CommandBars.OnUpdate method to get a hook to the menus, but that's a
> really hacked thing that sort of works for Explorers but not really well
> at all for Inspectors.

> >

>

> "Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message
> news:%23Xz6TjExKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Hi All,
>

>> I am developing an add-in for Outlook 2003 and above and would like to
> > add an item to the context menu of the "new message" window. Is this
> > possible? We are using Word for the editor and HTML.
>

>> Thanks,
> > Tom
> >

>
 
Oh, you want the context menu for an Inspector? If that's there at all it

would be in the Word object model somewhere.

"Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message

news:OxWckQGxKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ken,

> I have not found the context menu for Outlook 2007 for the new message
> window. How do I hook to the context menu for the new message window for
> Outlook 2007? Is this buried in the Word object model somewhere? I am only
> interested in the HTML editing.

> Thanks for your response!
 
Yes that is exactly what I want and have been pounding my head on my desk

trying to do

I spent the other day trying to figure out how to retrieve the context menu

command bar and could not find it. Then I started thinking that we may have

an event for the Word that I don't know about. This is why I decided to

post to the newsgroup.

So you really don't know (or have not tried) how to get the context menu for

a new message window.

Is there a newsgroup for word add-ins?

Thanks!
<kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:e4E6kTIxKHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Oh, you want the context menu for an Inspector? If that's there at all it
> would be in the Word object model somewhere.

> >

>

> "Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message
> news:OxWckQGxKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Ken,
>

>> I have not found the context menu for Outlook 2007 for the new message
> > window. How do I hook to the context menu for the new message window for
> > Outlook 2007? Is this buried in the Word object model somewhere? I am
> > only interested in the HTML editing.
>

>> Thanks for your response!

>
 
I've never tried, but my guess is that the only way this would work (if it

would at all) is to handle Inspector.CommandBars.OnUpdate and then getting

the context menu that way. That's how we used to hack Explorer context menus

before they were exposed.

"Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message

news:OZo6FdIxKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Yes that is exactly what I want and have been pounding my head on my desk
> trying to do

> I spent the other day trying to figure out how to retrieve the context
> menu command bar and could not find it. Then I started thinking that we
> may have an event for the Word that I don't know about. This is why I
> decided to post to the newsgroup.

> So you really don't know (or have not tried) how to get the context menu
> for a new message window.

> Is there a newsgroup for word add-ins?

> Thanks!
 
I will give it a try and I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks Ken!!!
<kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:O$GTTrQxKHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I've never tried, but my guess is that the only way this would work (if it
> would at all) is to handle Inspector.CommandBars.OnUpdate and then getting
> the context menu that way. That's how we used to hack Explorer context
> menus before they were exposed.

> >

>

> "Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message
> news:OZo6FdIxKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Yes that is exactly what I want and have been pounding my head on my desk
> > trying to do
>

>> I spent the other day trying to figure out how to retrieve the context
> > menu command bar and could not find it. Then I started thinking that we
> > may have an event for the Word that I don't know about. This is why I
> > decided to post to the newsgroup.
>

>> So you really don't know (or have not tried) how to get the context menu
> > for a new message window.
>

>> Is there a newsgroup for word add-ins?
>

>> Thanks!

>
 
Tom - curious if you were able to get this working for 2007.

Trying to do something similar.

"Tom" wrote:


> I will give it a try and I will let you know what I find out.

> Thanks Ken!!!

> " - " <kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:O$GTTrQxKHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > I've never tried, but my guess is that the only way this would work (if it
> > would at all) is to handle Inspector.CommandBars.OnUpdate and then getting
> > the context menu that way. That's how we used to hack Explorer context
> > menus before they were exposed.
> > > >

> >

> > "Tom" <tom@gigasoftdevelopment.com> wrote in message
> > news:OZo6FdIxKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> Yes that is exactly what I want and have been pounding my head on my desk
> >> trying to do
> >
> >> I spent the other day trying to figure out how to retrieve the context
> >> menu command bar and could not find it. Then I started thinking that we
> >> may have an event for the Word that I don't know about. This is why I
> >> decided to post to the newsgroup.
> >
> >> So you really don't know (or have not tried) how to get the context menu
> >> for a new message window.
> >
> >> Is there a newsgroup for word add-ins?
> >
> >> Thanks!

> >


> .
>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Missing context menu on Location field Using Outlook 2
S How to add a new menu item to a right click context menu of a link Using Outlook 5
R What happen to 'View Attachments' context menu item in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 6
S Ad Context Menu in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2010 context menu changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Context Menu Question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 21
H email editor context menu 2007. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Event Capture - Item Context Menu (Delete). Can you hook it? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook missing Open With Context Using Outlook 1
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
N Which Button Was Clicked on the Ribbonbar Menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
J Missing BCM TAB Main Menu - 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Emerogork How do I remove "Delete Folder" from the right-click menu? Using Outlook 1
E Searching a Shared Outlook Mailbox from the start menu? Using Outlook 4
L Add to Right Click Menu Using Outlook 10
R Missing Backup command in File menu after installing pfback.exe Using Outlook 2
P Cannot open Options Menu Outlook 2007 and Cannot create a new profile Using Outlook 0
M Missing New Menu Option in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Tasks > Field Chooser > Fields with dropdown menu (eg. Status). How to custom? Using Outlook 6
T Outlook 2003 menu graphical glitch Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2010 Advanced Find - Menu items missing Using Outlook 1
S Removing "Research" menu item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Files in "Attach File" popup menu no longer alphabetical Using Outlook 3
A disable a menu in active inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Right click menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Extending Presona Menu in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M How to get the preview pane handle, when it is created with menu c Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Cannot access macro menu in OL2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H access appointmentItem from ribbon menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Adding multiple menu Items. Problems handling the click events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Errors while adding new item to main menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S I have a Question on location of a Custom Outlook menu for my ADDI Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Question of setting the order of a custom menu in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 365 Outlook Message "Cannot be sent because the message has changed" Using Outlook 0
B Please remind me how I added this message button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E PgUp and PgDn don't work for displayed message content (but do for web pages) Using Outlook 4
M A plug in (or method) to keep email message formatting after it expires Using Outlook 1
Rob Can't save MailItem because the message changed in .pst file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2019 Forwarding Message and Keeping Unread Status Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1

Similar threads

Back
Top