Cannot open Options Menu Outlook 2007 and Cannot create a new profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCuser

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have several problems with out Outlook 2007 installation using Win 7 Pro. They may all be related.

I have a current profile that works and can open outlook. But it is highly unstable. Crashes and doesn't not send/receive after a few hours.

1. In the "working" profile, when I go to Tools-> Options nothing happens. No menu opens. (Anyone know the direct dll or msc or whatever for this window?)

2. I can go to Tools-> Account Settings But then clicking "new", "repair", "change" does nothing when trying to change the Mailbox settings. No menu opens.

3. Tools -> Account Settings then Data Files changing the Mailbox *.ost settings gets a "Out of system memory or resources" or for the Archive Settings *.pst a "unknown error occured. error code 0x80073b01"

4. I cannot create a new profile (in the current user and any other admin user). Going to Control Panel -> Mail (32-bit) doesn't not work. When I add a "test" profile it says "Requested operation failed"
Closing the mail panel and reopening it, the "test" profile is there, but I cannot change it's properties.
Going to E-mail Accounts and clicking "new" does nothing (no windows popup) similar to #2

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling. I have tried repairing Office 2007. Office was not installed on top of any 2003 or prior copy, to my knowledge. I have tried Fixmapi. I have disabled all the add-ons. I disabled Norton anti-spam and email addons.

I have successfully added a profile by using another computer to configure outlook. Then copying the *.ost and *.pst files. Then going into the registery and adding the copied profile to HKCU->Software->WinNT->Mess Sub Sys... But I cannot edit any of the settings once it is in due to the above issues.

Thank you for reading and for any help you can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.