Cannot start MS Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menauhant

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I get the following message when I try to open Outlook 2007: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tools see Help.

I ran Scanpst.exe and got a message that there were minor or minimal errors and that it was my option whether or not to run the scan. I ran the scan. Tried opening Outlook again and got the same message. Then I bought some 3rd party SW and ran that on my .pst file. Was now able to review all my folders and messages and save as a new .pst file. Tried to open this new file and got the same message. Next I copied the .pst file on a flash drive and tried it in another PC with Outlook, it opened without any issues. After that I decided to remove MS Office 2007 that includes Outlook from my PC. Then ran a virus check using Norton Security Suite it updated all definitions and ran results were no virus found. Next reloaded a clean copy of MS Office 2007 and tried to open Outlook and got the same message again.

Going forward I plan on removing all .pst files from my PC, and then trying to open Outlook. If I get the same message, I then plan on removing MS Office again, reboot and reload MS Office and hopefully Outlook will now open since there are no .pst files available. If that works I will then make a new .pst file from my other PC and try to import it onto my PC.

Any help will be truly appreciated my OS is Win-7

Thank you removed my profile and immediately was able to open Outlook. Went to 2nd PC created new backup pst file from outlook and imported it into the PC that I had the original problem on. I am glad I asked thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message Using Outlook 0
E cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. Using Outlook 1
S Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be Using Outlook 3
S __Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot initialize Microsoft Office shared utilities.____ Using Outlook 4
T Cannot Start MS Office Outlook - Cannot open office window BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Cannot start Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Using Outlook 8
G Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Using Outlook 1
M I cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2013 directly opening a .eml message Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2010: Cannot start!, please help me! Using Outlook 3
Q I cannot start Outlook 2007 I keep getting this error: __'Cannot start outlook window. Invalid XML,the view cannot be loaded.' Using Outlook 3
P Cannot understand how to use Favorites Using Outlook 4
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L I Cannot Sign Into My Outlook Account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
O The linked image cannot be displayed Using Outlook 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
D cannot view emails in View pane (in the right pane), I only see one line or nothing Using Outlook 21
M Cannot read the calendar Using Outlook 9
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2