Synchronise With Internet Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bm9lbG1h

I use Outlook 2007 and would like to publish my calendar (and contacts,

ideally) so that when I am away from my desktop system, I can access & modify

an internet based calendar & contacts. Any such modifications should synch

both ways.

As I read thru stuff on Office Live and Publishing Calendars, it all looks

tantalisingly close to what I want - but I just can't see it!!
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if you want to edit online, you'll need an account that supports the outlook

connector.

"noelma" <noelma> wrote in message

news:816F0335-3012-4B17-AA80-D9F1AACBA1C1@microsoft.com...
> I use Outlook 2007 and would like to publish my calendar (and contacts,
> ideally) so that when I am away from my desktop system, I can access &
> modify
> an internet based calendar & contacts. Any such modifications should
> synch
> both ways.
> As I read thru stuff on Office Live and Publishing Calendars, it all looks
> tantalisingly close to what I want - but I just can't see it!!
 
G

Gordon

noelma wrote:
> I use Outlook 2007 and would like to publish my calendar (and contacts,
> ideally) so that when I am away from my desktop system, I can access & modify
> an internet based calendar & contacts. Any such modifications should synch
> both ways.
> As I read thru stuff on Office Live and Publishing Calendars, it all looks
> tantalisingly close to what I want - but I just can't see it!!


For the Calendar, you can set up and sync with, Google Calendar, and

that allows on-line editing.

Contacts are a bit more difficult.

How are you going to be accessing the contacts when away from your

desktop? From a Laptop?

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
B

bm9lbG1h

Outlook Connector installed already - so which account would work? Windows

Live? Google Calendar?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:


> if you want to edit online, you'll need an account that supports the outlook
> connector.

> >

>

>

> "noelma" <noelma> wrote in message
> news:816F0335-3012-4B17-AA80-D9F1AACBA1C1@microsoft.com...
> > I use Outlook 2007 and would like to publish my calendar (and contacts,
> > ideally) so that when I am away from my desktop system, I can access &
> > modify
> > an internet based calendar & contacts. Any such modifications should
> > synch
> > both ways.
> > As I read thru stuff on Office Live and Publishing Calendars, it all looks
> > tantalisingly close to what I want - but I just can't see it!!


>
 
B

bm9lbG1h

Hi Gordon! Yes, intend to access via laptop when travelling - and I will have

Outlook 2007 on the laptop as well... so I guess the easiest solution is

simply to copy pst and contacts onto laptop before travelling and copy back

when I return!! D'oh!

"Gordon" wrote:


> noelma wrote:
> > I use Outlook 2007 and would like to publish my calendar (and contacts,
> > ideally) so that when I am away from my desktop system, I can access & modify
> > an internet based calendar & contacts. Any such modifications should synch
> > both ways.
> > As I read thru stuff on Office Live and Publishing Calendars, it all looks
> > tantalisingly close to what I want - but I just can't see it!!


> For the Calendar, you can set up and sync with, Google Calendar, and
> that allows on-line editing.
> Contacts are a bit more difficult.

> How are you going to be accessing the contacts when away from your
> desktop? From a Laptop?

> > Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
>
 
G

Gordon

noelma wrote:
> Hi Gordon! Yes, intend to access via laptop when travelling - and I will have
> Outlook 2007 on the laptop as well... so I guess the easiest solution is
> simply to copy pst and contacts onto laptop before travelling and copy back
> when I return!! D'oh!
>


As long as you have an internet connection, you could use Office Live

Workspace to synch your contacts...

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it works with Windows live - this includes all hotmail and msn email

addresses. They need converted to live accts which is a simple click when

you access the acct through hotmail.com.

google calendar has a sync tool of their own - look for it in calendar

settings or help.

"noelma" <noelma> wrote in message

news:78C906D3-6C5A-482C-9737-14119AA0DA2F@microsoft.com...
> Outlook Connector installed already - so which account would work? Windows
> Live? Google Calendar?

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > if you want to edit online, you'll need an account that supports the
> > outlook
> > connector.
>

>> > >

>

>
>
>>

>

>>

>

>> or point
> > your
>

>
>> "noelma" <noelma> wrote in message
> > news:816F0335-3012-4B17-AA80-D9F1AACBA1C1@microsoft.com...
> > > I use Outlook 2007 and would like to publish my calendar (and contacts,
> > > ideally) so that when I am away from my desktop system, I can access &
> > > modify
> > > an internet based calendar & contacts. Any such modifications should
> > > synch
> > > both ways.
> > > As I read thru stuff on Office Live and Publishing Calendars, it all
> > > looks
> > > tantalisingly close to what I want - but I just can't see it!!

>

>>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B synchronise outlook Using Outlook 1
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
M Convert Subject Line to Internet Header version of Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B How to get ALL Internet headers in Outlook desktop? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Internet Mail Issues with Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Publishing Calendars on the Internet or an Intranet Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to View Internet Headers Using Outlook 0
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
oliv- Get to: from internet Header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts over the Internet Using Outlook 0
O No Internet Header Properties Using Outlook 2
R Using Internet Calendar in Outlook 2007 within Citrix Using Outlook 1
M Sharing of BCM database across the internet BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
G Creating an Outlook Rule using Internet Header time Using Outlook 1
J Emails in outlook and internet history logging Using Outlook 1
D Deleting internet calendar on one computer removes it from all computers Using Outlook 2
A webinar.ics is not a valid Internet Calendar file Using Outlook 1
M Time Zone Problems with Internet Calendar Using Outlook 20
M How to set exchange calendar as default when combining with Internet calendar Using Outlook 2
K message.vcs is not a valid Internet calendar file !! Exchange Server Administration 5
S possible to access my PST file on the Internet Using Outlook 2
J Internet images embed when pasted in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Error when updating Internet Calendar Subscriptions Using Outlook 12
D Internet Calendar Subscriptions.pst bloating file size.... Using Outlook 2
I Exchange 2010 Receives But Does Not Send Email To Internet Exchange Server Administration 35
R Why Internet headers empty? Exchange Server Administration 2
J RE: Internet Faxing with Outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
KeithJB iCloud calendar sync only works one way! Using Outlook 3
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
O Unable to make changes to an existing Calendar entry Using Outlook 10
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Meeting organizer calendar intermittently drops meeting after delegate sends invite Using Outlook 0
A Meeting organizer calendar intermittently drops meeting after delegate sends invite Exchange Server Administration 0
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
M On behalf of not showing on calendar for boss Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
O Carriage Return - Line Feeds - exporting Calendar events Using Outlook 0
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
P Calendar Day View only shows 1 all day event Using Outlook 0
Hobbes Outlook 365 Calendar spreads into second calendar Using Outlook 3
J Macro to Insert a Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Tracking Calendar Changes? Using Outlook 1
O Batch update calendar Using Outlook 3
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12

Similar threads

Top