Folder View in Unread Mail Pane - Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsr71

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Using Outlook 2003. All my mail goes into specified folders utilizing rules I've set-up. In the unread mail pane I use to see what folder each message was in. It's disappeared. What do I need to do to to fix this?

Thanks..

if the folder is not in the search folders, you need to recreate the search folder. Right click on the Search folder and choose New then select unread from the list.

Right click on the unread folder and choose a dd to Favorites to put it on the favorites list.

if the folder is not in the search folders, you need to recreate the search folder. Right click on the Search folder and choose New then select unread from the list.

Right click on the unread folder and choose a dd to Favorites to put it on the favorites list.

Thanks for the suggestion but, that's not the problem I'm experiencing.

In the unread mail pane, on the right, I use to see what folder each message was in. It's disappeared. What do I need to do to to fix this?

Ah... sorry about misreading it. click on the row of field names at the top of the message list and choose 'folders' from the menu - this will group by the folder the message is in.

Ah... sorry about misreading it. click on the row of field names at the top of the message list and choose 'folders' from the menu - this will group by the folder the message is in.

Sorry to be a pest but, that's not it either. Picture below explains it.

Folder Name.jpg

Thanks...

Darn Outlook has some many different views, its hard to know which one. :)

I'm pretty sure that is the default, so right click on the row of field names and choose Customize then Reset.

Otherwise, you need to customize the view - from the same Customize view dialog, click the Fields button and find the "In Folder" field (under All Mail) and add it to the view.

Darn Outlook has some many different views, its hard to know which one. :)

I'm pretty sure that is the default, so right click on the row of field names and choose Customize then Reset.

Otherwise, you need to customize the view - from the same Customize view dialog, click the Fields button and find the "In Folder" field (under All Mail) and add it to the view.

Diane - that did it :D

Thank you so, so much! Happy New Year ;)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
N Outlook 2013 Folder View Using Outlook 8
PetraTech Odd Folder View Problem Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 - Default View for Public Folder Contacts Using Outlook 1
V Macro to view Junk Email folder Using Outlook 4
B set deafult view in public folder for all users from outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 0
M Public folder view Using Outlook 1
M How to add a message to a mapi view folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R copying a custom view from a public folder and distributing programatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Y View Reading Pane for Drafts folder Using Outlook 2
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Folder Pane Colour Categories Using Outlook 6
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0