Folder View in Unread Mail Pane - Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsr71

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Using Outlook 2003. All my mail goes into specified folders utilizing rules I've set-up. In the unread mail pane I use to see what folder each message was in. It's disappeared. What do I need to do to to fix this?

Thanks..

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if the folder is not in the search folders, you need to recreate the search folder. Right click on the Search folder and choose New then select unread from the list.

Right click on the unread folder and choose a dd to Favorites to put it on the favorites list.

mrsr71

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
if the folder is not in the search folders, you need to recreate the search folder. Right click on the Search folder and choose New then select unread from the list.

Right click on the unread folder and choose a dd to Favorites to put it on the favorites list.
Thanks for the suggestion but, that's not the problem I'm experiencing.

In the unread mail pane, on the right, I use to see what folder each message was in. It's disappeared. What do I need to do to to fix this?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ah... sorry about misreading it. click on the row of field names at the top of the message list and choose 'folders' from the menu - this will group by the folder the message is in.

mrsr71

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Ah... sorry about misreading it. click on the row of field names at the top of the message list and choose 'folders' from the menu - this will group by the folder the message is in.
Sorry to be a pest but, that's not it either. Picture below explains it.

Thanks...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Darn Outlook has some many different views, its hard to know which one. :)

I'm pretty sure that is the default, so right click on the row of field names and choose Customize then Reset.

Otherwise, you need to customize the view - from the same Customize view dialog, click the Fields button and find the "In Folder" field (under All Mail) and add it to the view.

mrsr71

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Darn Outlook has some many different views, its hard to know which one. :)

I'm pretty sure that is the default, so right click on the row of field names and choose Customize then Reset.

Otherwise, you need to customize the view - from the same Customize view dialog, click the Fields button and find the "In Folder" field (under All Mail) and add it to the view.
Diane - that did it :D

Thank you so, so much! Happy New Year ;)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.