Manage Subfolders for different Email accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitava

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
POP3
Dear All,

Thanks, Larry and Diane, for solving the last problem.

I have two email accounts from which I receive and send emails in the same Outlook 2002. I have created a subfolder under both Inbox and Sent folder, for the second email address. However, currently I manually move these messages from the main Inbox or Sent folder to the respective subfolder.

Is there a way that emails received from one particular email address is automatically saved in the Inbox subfolder for that email account?

In case a new email comes and is saved automatically in the subfolder will the the folder show the number of unread emails in bracket? Simillarly will emails sent from the second account automatically be saved in the Sent subfolder for that email account?

Thanks in advance

Amitava

You'll need to create rules - I'm pretty sure Outlook 2002 has 'through specified account' rules so you easily move the mail as its downloaded. The After sending rule should have the 'through specified account' too.

Forgive my ignorance, but where and how can I set such rules. Kindly be more elaborate.

Thanks again

Amitava

Thank you for the reply. I have formulated two rules with the help of Rules wizard.

Recd Rule

1. Apply this rule after the message arrives through the specified account, move it to the specified folder.

Sent Rule

2. Apply this rule after I send the message through the specified account, move a copy to the specified folder.

I have the following questions:

Why is it mentioned that the rules only applicable to Inbox Folder and not to Sent folder?

What should be the order of application of rules?

According to the above Sent rule a copy of the message is being moved to the specified folder. This is creating a redundancy in the sent folder. I want to move the original message(not a copy) to the specified folder. How do I create that rule?

Thanks in advance

Amitava

Oh, i forgot that sent rules copy, not move. The only way to change it is to not save messages automatically and use rules to save a copy. Tools, options, email options - uncheck save a copy in sent folder and create a rule for each account.

If the sent items don't need moved immediately, create an 'on arrival' rule to move the mail and run it on the sent folder every day or every few days. This is generally the better solution.

Diane,

I am unable to create a rule which moves the original email from the sent item folder. Kindly advice how to create an "on arrival" rule which can be run say weekly.

Thanks

Amitava

You can't run rules automatically on schedule - you need to use Rule Rules Now weekly. Tools, Rules Wizard, Run Rules Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 7
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Office 365 manage another person's calendar Using Outlook 0
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2013 - Exchange 2007 manage distribution group Exchange Server Administration 1
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How do you manage "mini-projects?" Using Outlook 4
T Manage Rules question Using Outlook 1
F How I manage PST file that received from my client Using Outlook 2
R Can't use "manage linking and tracking" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
H Not all Email folders appearing in Manage E-mail Auto-linking BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Manage database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
sophievldn Looking for a macro that moves completed items from subfolders to other subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Victor_50 Set all subfolders to not autoarchive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P AGGGGHHHH!!!! - Address Books and Contact Subfolders Using Outlook 5
A Outlook 2016- unable to have all subfolders expanded when opening outlook Using Outlook 11
A Sort emails into subfolders based on sender and deleting emails automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
DAVID A moved the Outlook CST file - All subfolders lost Using Outlook 2
K BCM hide subfolders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Z Search in 2 folders with their subfolders Using Outlook 16
P Newly created IMAP subfolders not showing up on email clients away from computer. Using Outlook 3
A How to make all folders and subfolders open collapsed Using Outlook 1
K IMAP Subfolders missing after migrating to new server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to View Shared Subfolders in an Exchange Mailbox Using Outlook 0
O Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Cannot delete folder with subfolders. Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky New Message Indicator for Subfolders? Using Outlook 0
A Downloading Comcast subfolders to Outlook via IMAP Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2010 "permanently delete all the items and subfolders" not working Using Outlook 3
T How to share Outlook SUBfolders Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy How to search a folder and its subfolders Using Outlook 6
Z Outlook account subfolders - Outlook VB coding Using Outlook 8
R Problems with subfolders refreshing Using Outlook 6
N auto expand all folders and subfolders in the inbox Using Outlook 3
R how do I print a list of folders/subfolders in Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Folders & Subfolders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Delete Outlook subfolders using vba ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Creating mulitple subfolders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
S Different views for To-Do List and To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
A Automatic forwarding to different people on a rotational basis Using Outlook 2
R Auto Forwarding with different "From" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0