Outlook account subfolders - Outlook VB coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zditsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Prior to Outlook 2013, I was able to access emails that were diverted to a sub folder of the InBox. Code was

Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set myNameSpace = myOlApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

Set myFolder = myNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) ' Inbox folder

Set mySubFolder(2) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2049") ' Inbox subfolder containing files

Set mySubFolder(1) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2048") ' Inbox subfolder containing files

Set mySelection = myOlApp.ActiveExplorer.Selection

Now I get as object error at Set mySubFolder(2)=..... I have 3 email accounts being controlled by Outlook. So I tried the following code assuming I correctly set the default account with the statement:

Set oAccount = myOlApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)

Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account

Set oAccount = myOlApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2) '==

Set mySubFolder(2) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2049") '

Inbox subfolder containing files Same error. How do I code to define the subfolders of the oAccount?? Thanks Z

The first code should still work if the account is the default account. If its one of the other 2 accounts, you need to use the getfolderpath function at http://www.slipstick.com/developer/working-vba-nondefault-outlook-folders/

- - - Updated - - -

The first code should still work if the account is the default account. If its one of the other 2 accounts, you need to use the getfolderpath function at http://www.slipstick.com/developer/working-vba-nondefault-outlook-folders/

Prior to Outlook 2013, I was able to access emails that were diverted to a sub folder of the InBox. Code was

Set mySubFolder(2) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2049") ' Inbox subfolder containing files

Set mySubFolder(1) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2048") ' Inbox subfolder containing files

Now I get as object error at Set mySubFolder(2)=..... I have 3 email accounts being controlled by Outlook. So I tried the following code assuming I correctly set the default account with the statement:

Set oAccount = myOlApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)

Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account

Set oAccount = myOlApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2) '==

Set mySubFolder(2) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2049") '

Inbox subfolder containing files Same error. How do I code to define the subfolders of the oAccount?? Thanks Z

=============

I applied the suggested addition so that the code looks as follows

Dim items

Set items = GetFolderPath("\\myEmail@gmail.com\inbox").items

'==

I continue to get an error message: The attempted operation failed. An objest could not be found

Suggestions please

Z

- - - Updated - - -

Reset the code as follows:

Dim items

Set items = GetFolderPath("\\myEmail@gmail.com\inbox").items

'==

Getting the error message @ Set mySubFolder(2) = myFolder.Folders("PHY2049"): .....an object could not be found

I'm not a programmer, so any code example would be most helpfull

Z

So your folder path is

Root of Data file - named either personal folders or your email address

-- Inbox

---- PHY2048

---- PHY2049

If so, then myFolder.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Folders("PHY2049") path is work, and your code is the shortened version, so it should work too. That leaves the error on mySubfolder(2) being the object it can't find. I'll take a look at it later tonight.

Set mySubFolder(1) = GetFolderPath("\\prof.smith.pbsc@gmail.com\inbox\PHY2048") '.items

Set mySubFolder(2) = GetFolderPath("\\prof.smith.pbsc@gmail.com\inbox\PHY2049") '.items

Gave up trying to be elegant and went with the following code format - it worked

Set mySubFolder(1) = GetFolderPath("\\email account\inbox\subfolder1name")

Set mySubFolder(2) = GetFolderPath("\\email account\inbox\subfolder2name")

Z

Gave up trying to be elegant and went with the following code format - it worked

Set mySubFolder(1) = GetFolderPath("\\email account\inbox\subfolder1name")

Set mySubFolder(2) = GetFolderPath("\\email account\inbox\subfolder2name")

Z

Are the folders in the default pst file? If not, you definitely need to use getfolderpath.

How do I tell?

They're listed under the default account as it's displayed in Outlook 2013.

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.