Reinstalled OL2010 now have 3 separate inboxes and contacts missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
After suffering many problems with my WIN7 64bit installation (probably of my own making:eek:) I have reinstalled the OS and am reinstalling my programs.

1. I have reinstalled OL2010 and entered my 3 email addresses, I have somehow managed to copy my new OL data file and this opens (with all my sub folders) under one of my email addresses which is fine. But I see I have new 'in boxes' under each of my other 2 accounts. I want all emails delivered to one account only, how do I go about this as I did not have these separate in boxes on the first install.

2. I also have an older .pst file I wish to have available in case of need, I have copied this to another drive and am hoping I can just copy it back to its same location on the new install i.e - C:\users\me\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\\outlook.pst - and OL 2010 will then show this in the left hand pane under the other folders. Will this work? I managed to do this before but forgot how:eek:.

3. My contacts in the new install are of course missing, before reinstalling the OS I used the export facility within OL2010 and also copied the Outlook folders. Where are and how do I return the contacts to my address book?

Regards

1. Go to File, Account setting and select one account then the change folder button at the bottom. If the accounts are not POP3, you will have separate folder sets - you need to be using pop3 to share a data file. See Deliver POP3 accounts to one pst file

2. Yes that will work. You can put it anywhere you want - and will need to open it using File, Account Settings, Data files tab, Add - outlook won't detect pst files and open them, just because they are in a folder.

3. Are they in the contacts folder but not visible when you click To? If so, how did you set up the profile?

From Contacts missing from Address book: If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is the box to enable as email address book is checked? If this is grayed out, you'll need to make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service due to a bug.

Hi Diane.

Thanks for coming to my rescue, I (you) have now sorted out problems 1 & 2.

Can you tell me where the contacts folder is and what it's called? I hope I have copied it but OL seems to like sending files all over place.

I also used the file 'export to a file' but cannot find the exported file to import!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
jobudge Reinstalled Outlook 2013 after system crash what is best way to synch with gmail? Using Outlook 1
P Removed and reinstalled BCM now can't see old .mdf file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
R OL2010 - Send to Mail Recipient going to wrong account Using Outlook 1
T From OL2010 Pro to OL2003 Pro Using Outlook 4
J Calendar search failing & wrong indexlocation showing..OL2010 Using Outlook 3
K OL2010 Button to Insert First Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K OL2010 Button to Insert First Name Using Outlook 1
B How do I REALLY disable Outlook Junk E-mail sorting in OL2010 and/or 2013? Using Outlook 1
B OL2010 and install custom WYWO form Using Outlook 1
O Form cache size for OL2010 is set up to 0 Kbs, but sometimes ! Using Outlook 8
R New computer, OL2010 unable to display shared calendar appointments Exchange Server Administration 3
P OL2010 - custom form contact picture Using Outlook 0
B Updating Macro to OL2010/32bit Using Outlook 8
J OL2010 Create a new task while off line Exchange Server Administration 3
M How to skip weekends on recurring appointments - OL2010? Using Outlook 4
R OL2010 Calendar Appointment Highlighting Text issue Using Outlook 3
P migration issue from OL2003 to OL2010 with custom contact form Using Outlook 7
R OL2010; How to ALWAYS Reply/Forward using HTML? Using Outlook 1
B OL2010 - signatures while forwarding tasks or appointments Using Outlook 2
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
T Can't remove NEW GROUP in OL2010 Using Outlook 1
S OL2010 - choosing to not save inline images Using Outlook 1
T Defer Sending emails in OL2010 Using Outlook 1
G Keyboarding with HTML Email in OL2010-64bit Using Outlook 0
S OL2003 labels in OL2010 Using Outlook 7
B how to debug in OL2010? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M OL2007 Add-in won't install on OL2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Create a Ribbon for the OL2010 Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Separate Read Layout Editing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Separate Read Layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Separate Internal and external emails in outlook Using Outlook 1
M setting up 2 separate businesses in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P [SOLVED] How to separate/show appts by users on one sheet Using Outlook 2
N separate signatures for different accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Separate string in email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Does Bus. Cont. Mgr run separate from personal database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z WebView doesnt function with separate pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3