Form cache size for OL2010 is set up to 0 Kbs, but sometimes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oooo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Where is "Form cache size" value stored either in registry or in file ? Sometimes there is "0" Kbs after OL2010 starting. I set up to 2040 Kbs, close, reopen setting window but there is 0 again.

Yes. Both. It is happened not often, but sometimes, rather sudden. As I know frmcache.dat format is not public documented, is it ?

No, its not documented by Microsoft.

Is it possible to disable it completely ? Or to set up statically ?

No, not that i know of. Is it resetting to 0 in the dialog or is the file size 0?

In dialog box input field control only. File is not changed by the size. I don' t have any custom forms, only OL defaults.

if you don't have custom forms, the file will be small - not sure if it will be 0, but it will be small. The size applies to the max size of the cache file, so you can cache a lot of files locally. If you don't have custom forms, you won't need to change the cache size.

I have 3 forms in the data file but none installed locally and the formscache file is 235KB.

I wrote that file is not 0 size, its size is about 227 Kb. But because of 0 Kbs in dialog or for some other reasons there is error when you open message that "The custom action could njt be performed. " and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Customized form: The Forward option shows write layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Latest Changes to form not appearing for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Designer Form 2013 and Script ? how ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Compound IF, OR, AND in Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J custom form not displaying pictures Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Validating Outlook form with "OR" and "AND" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A How to stop user form from disapearing once mail window is closed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Form data not sending for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker HowTo Change message Class of contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A VBscript stops running after updating form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
D Emailed form is blank Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Form Position with Dual Monitors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
G Other users can't see P.2 with custom fields in Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Create a custom contact form - questions before messing things up... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Custom Form Tutoral? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Lost Access to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4