Load a template when you reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltownerb

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
What I need to do is probably pretty simple, I just don't know how to do it. I have created a template that I would like to use basdically all the time. It is associated with a department wide account and has graphics that we would like to use. These include header and footer graphics as well as a standard message. What I would like to be able to do is have the form load automatically or be a default template for replies and new outgoing messages. New outgoing messages is no problem, but having it load for replies is where I am running into problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Outlook replies using the format of the original and you would need to use VBA to copy the message and make a new message. This screws up threading and may mess up the formatting. A thread with several replies back and forth would look awful. We don't recommend it and don't have code samples that can do it.

if you choose the option to either not include the reply or to attach it (Tools, options, email options), then you can use default stationery for replies. However, many people find message attachments annoying and prefer inline replies.

We recommend using a signature on replies, rather than trying to use a letterhead and attaching previous messages in replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A How can I load a HTML template into the WordEditor? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H Macro to load an Outlook Template Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
J VB6 Add-in fails to load in Outlook 16 - message useless Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Always Load an Outlook Addin Using Outlook 1
William getting custom form to load category colors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J BCM 2013 in Outlook 2013 will not load BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
A Not able to load an add-in for outlook 2007 developed in VSTO 2005 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S COM Addin Failed to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2007 Add-in strange load behavior Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G "Cannot load GUI library into memory" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Why does BCM not always load when I restart Outlook? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Using VBA to load the CC line on an Outlook email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S BCM does not load in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Can you load an OlkComboBox and show a previously selected value? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W My VSTO 3.0 Outlook addin doesn’t load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P What is it, and why won't it load? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
M VBA Form how to load in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Business Data Import and Export Load Error Cannot Map BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook AddIn can't load outside Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Application.ActiveInspector() is Null on Ribbon Load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Load a recipient based on a value in a combo box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Business contact manager will not load? databinding? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J add-in won't load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
N Load audio file into Media Player control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 HELP to get Template Path in a Function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook Template - textbox visible based on combobox selection Using Outlook 1
M Replyall macro with template and auto insert receptens Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Outlook saved template function too limited Using Outlook 2
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook template Using Outlook 1
Randy Redekopp How To Merge Contact Info to Email Custom Form Template Using Outlook 2
M Reply Inline With a Outlook Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Add Fillable Fields to Existing Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Macro sending outlook template from Excel list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Switch template with account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Using the Outlook Calendar Template Using Outlook 0
LarryS change day template as cpao does not see .catx files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A VBA to create meeting from template from a time slot selected in someone's calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Q Editing an outlook. Template file (Otk) Using Outlook 1
JorgeDario Template oft that contains VBScript Is not running Using Outlook 1
P Calendar template Using Outlook 2
M Update field codes when opening Outlook Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2