Calender in Outlook 2007 wont open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter35

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
The calendar in Outlook 2007 suddenly does not open. Email, contacts, etc work well. I used Diagnostics, which showed no problem, I scanned the PST file and it found errors in 47 folders, which it repaired. However, Outlook still freezes when I want to use calendar. I have created a new Outlook Profile and the calendar function works well!! In conclusion, I guess I have a problem with the calendar function in my current Outlook Profile and the problem does not seem to lie with the Outlook PST File. What can you recommend me to do next in order to address this problem? Should I transfer the PST File to my new profile? If so, how do I do that best?

In the new profile, open the old pst using file, open, data file and see if it works.

In the old profile, does the entire calendar navigation pane freeze or just the calendar day, week, month part? Have you tried resetting the view or restarting outlook with the Cleanviews switch?

In the new profile, open the old pst using file, open, data file and see if it works.

In the old profile, does the entire calendar navigation pane freeze or just the calendar day, week, month part? Have you tried resetting the view or restarting outlook with the Cleanviews switch?

Thank you Diane for your response.

In the old profile, I am not able to get into the day,week,month view. Outlook freezes as soon as I press the 'Calender' tab. I have not reset the Outlook view. I have restarted Outlook with cleanviews and cleanreminders, but it has not helped.

Please assist me with opening the old pst file in the new profile. I went to File, Open, Outlook Data File. It brings up a window called 'Open Outlook Data File'. I click on the pst file and then the 'OK' tab. The window with 'Open Outlook Data File' disappears and nothing happens. There is no contact, calender, etc. data in my new profile. Am I doing something wrong?

Peter.

Hmmm. It should work - you select the pst and the window closes, the folders in the pst are added to the profile. Unless the data fle is corrupt or you are loading the wrong (an empty) pst.

In actual fact, it has now loaded Tasks, but NOT the Calendar and Contacts. I believe I have identified the right pst file, as it is well over 10GB and there are hardly any other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L List of Calender Fields for VBA (Outlook 2007) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Importing Text from Excel to Outlook 2013 Calender Using Outlook 0
B Import Excel Text into Outlook Calender Using Outlook 4
M Is Outlook Connecter Mandatory to Sync Contacts/Calender? Using Outlook 3
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
A Outlook - Shared Calender Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Daily Calender need high detail Using Outlook 2
A Two strange calender problems in Outlook 2003 ... Using Outlook 2
J Limiting time range dislayed on calender - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Synchronization Error of contacts and calender using Outlook connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
A Is there a calender preference for Julian Dates in outlook? Using Outlook 4
V Is there no way to obtain sender's emailid from outlook calender d Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
A How to use calender printing? Using Outlook 1
T Calender and contacts in trash Using Outlook 1
L Calender reminder emails Using Outlook 3
vipin Calender Exchange Server Administration 1
Edaniels Adding Week Number on Calender Using Outlook 2
D Add tasks to reminders and calender? Using Outlook 1
J Calender notifications from a shared generic mailbox. Using Outlook 1
O Calender first day Sunday won't stay Using Outlook 3
J how to choose which item alone go to pst ? OR how to auto sync/copy calender Using Outlook 1
D Calender issue Using Outlook 2
M Custom Contact form queries (date control & contact/calender linking) Using Outlook 1
S Calender reminders question Using Outlook 13
S Couple of questions related to calender Using Outlook 1
S How to automate showing the Public Folder Calender to Mail Favorite folder Using Outlook 0
A Calender Permissionis "Other" section settings Using Outlook 1
V turn off shared calender reminders/leaving personal calender remin Using Outlook 7
V MSN Calender Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4