The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

margoinmexico

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
:eek:yikes. Just opened my trusty Outlook program, have used it for years. have several email accounts all of which I manage in Outlook. Love it. So today, I open it up and all of my accounts are there, and I scroll down to my business account and the folders are not open. So I click on the little triangle on the right and get the message The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file.

and then a long file name. WHAT THE HECK? so I close and open Outlook, same thing, I close and reopen my computer twice, and it didn´t fix it! YIKES! This is after a few days ago Hotmail switched and says my account is FULL, where did that come from? Never had that happen before and looked to see if I could buy more space, and don´t seem to be able to. Anyway, if anyone knows the fix for this, I would be so grateful. Free massage in Tulum, Mexico to the solver of this problem. Funny thing is before either of these problems happened, a friend basically indicated I was an idiot to not have gmail...yea yea, one problem happens, then the other....I think she jinxed me! :confused:

Re: The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the fil

here is the whole message The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file.

C:/users/matgo/appdata/local/Microsoft/outlook/margoinmexicomassage_hotmail.ost.

the slashes are actually all going the other way, but I have a Mexican keyboard and can´t seem to figure out how to make the other way slashes:eek: So it basically won´t expand the folder for my Margoinmexicomassage account. All of my other accounts have expanded folders as usual. of course this is the most important account I have.

So it's just the Hotmail account that is affected. I would do one of two things. Close Outlook and delete that file - outlook should recreate it when you restart it. Or remove the Hotmail account from the profile and add it back.

thank you, off to give it a try!:D

:pyou are the WINNER of a massage when you come to Tulum MEXICO! I deleted the account and then added it back in. it is busy loading all my files now....THANKYOU! NOw, for the next question.............can you tell me if there is a way to buy more space on the new Outlook.com which has taken the place of Hotmail? they say my account is full, and then I deleted a bunch of stuff, but now have not so much confidence in them.........I spent an hour looking two different times and can´t find it. YOU ROCK DIANE!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

How large is your mailbox? the plus accounts are $20US a year and are 10 GB.

Ad-free Outlook.com and Hotmail - Microsoft Windows - if that link doesn't work for you, search for Hotmail plus.

My Hotmail plus has 10 GB - what little info they have online doesn't mention more space, only no ads.

My Hotmail plus has 10 GB - what little info they have online doesn't mention more space, only no ads.
exactly.................so not going to give them my money..........if you hear of something else, let me koknw. Seems like a lot of people must be finding them selves in my shoes right now, Microsoft will wake up or not. I´m switching to Gmail as suggested, but will take a while.thanks again Diane!:)

I have a couple of queries in about it - everything I can find on non-MS sites says its the old Hotmail plus, with 10 GB and the ability to send 5 MB attachments. But I'm waiting for confirmation from Microsoft. I don't know why they'd promote no ads when more space would be a bigger selling point.

I finally found this - Compare Outlook.com - I can't believe how hard they make it to find out any information. I had to log in using a Microsoft account to see it. Google might scan your mail to display ads, but they give you information without requiring a login.

Status
Not open for further replies.