Calendar Folder property is missing - Event 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Since the last batch of Microsoft's updates (which included some Office 2010 updates as well), my Application log in Windows 7 is full of events with ID 27 and source Outlook, with the description saying "Calendar Folder property is missing". Any idea what could be the cause? I haven't changed any settings in the meantime. I only use POP3 and one IMAP account, no Exchange connection or anything like that.

So it also doesn't matter whether I have Microsoft Exchange Add-In enabled or not? I saw it as a possible solution somewhere on teh internets, but I get those errors in either case (and I don't need that add-in at all, but was enabled along with a few others after the updates).

So it also doesn't matter whether I have Microsoft Exchange Add-In enabled or not? I saw it as a possible solution somewhere on teh internets, but I get those errors in either case (and I don't need that add-in at all, but was enabled along with a few others after the updates).

Disabling that addin didn't fix it on my machine. But, if you don't use an exchange account, you don't need that addin and you can disable it if you want.

This Calendar Folder Property Missing error first shows up in my event logs on 7-25-2013, and that is the same date as i installed KB2760631, KB982726, and KB2687455.

Beginning with that date, I have occasionally been unable to start Outlook 2010 - it hangs on the password screen.

previously I have been able to restart the computer and finally get into Outlook, but today after repeated restarts it isn't working.

So uninstalling the updates is the only answer at this point?

No imap or exchange involved here, POP3 only. But, 18 pst files totalling 14GB.

As an FYI, there is no hotfix yet, no ETA on one. The last time I discussed it with the product team, they had no additional information or time line for the fix, only that they had it in the database for both the june update and SP2.

Just for giggles... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2883156/ - this is Microsoft's acknowledgement of the problem. The "workaround" is to remove pst files from the profile, and is mostly useless IMHO, as you need pst files with pop3 accounts, internet calendars, connected sharepoint, and some people use them for archives.

Why would anyone want to remove PST files from the profile.... :D My "workaround" is better: Trying to ignore that until they find a solution. :cool:

Exactly - ignoring is much better. You can create a filter in the even viewer to hidden those events if you're ocd.

I have exactly the same problem. I have 4 IMAP and 2 POP accounts. They generated 6 warnings almost evertime.....

I have notice a impact on the responsiveness of Outlook, is that normal?

Also Does Microsoft have any plan on fixing it?

Thanks,

its a bug, it should be fixed in Dec updates. it shouldn't impact responsiveness though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Calendar Folder property is empty Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Calendar folder cannot be found (tasks folder cannot be found) Using Outlook 2
K Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Exchange Server Administration 1
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M This Meeting is not in the Calendar Folder... Using Outlook 4
N Public Folder Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4
J associate task folder with a specific calendar Using Outlook 2
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
V Open Outlook Calendar and Tasks views with Folder pane off Using Outlook 2
G iCloud task folder not showing in outlook calendar page Using Outlook 3
F Outlook (calendar) Folder width Using Outlook 1
I Importing Outlook form into calendar folder? Using Outlook 1
R Shared Public calendar folder changing appointments Using Outlook 1
M How to set a rule for calendar items to go to a folder vs inbox? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 - Calendar in public folder issue Using Outlook 7
J Getting values of custom categories set on Calendar folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V How to persist attributes of a calendar folder and its items? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J dragging an calendar item to deleted folder does not trigger ItemRemove event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
C Recover calendar Using Outlook 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3