Status
Not open for further replies.

panchtatvam2

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

iCloud Sync was working awesome with my Outlook 2013 when i thought of adding some some old pst folders to it and upload them to icloud.

During half upload, had some internet connectivity issues and some folders got stuck. I tried to delete a few of them from Outlook but they didn't get deleted. So I went to iCloud and deleytd them from there.

Now when i try to resync icloud, i can see those deleted folders again in Outlook. Attempt to delete and Purge them gives a sync error that these folders don't exist in iCloud.

I removed outlook files as per https://forums.slipstick.com/threads/443-how-do-i-remove-all-existing-data-outlook-start-again/ and removed icloud and restarted computer, but again when installed icloud and started sync i could see those "ghost" folders. These folders are NOT in teh iClous but as sson as i start sync of iCloud and Outlook they appear. I can't delete them or edit them at all. Even if i rename them, as soon as Send /Receive is done again they somehow reappear.

I'm damn sure this is not an iCloud issue. Somehow somewhere a sync data is stored in the computer and whenever i try to resync outlook and icloud that data shows up in outlook.

Could anyone help in completely removing all my Outlook data and iCloud data so I might be sure that i get rid of these ghost folder. It is really a wiered issue.

Please help. This is driving me crazy...

Thank You

iCloud email is kept in an IMAP data file. The folders were deleted from the account online but Outlook hasn't fully synced with the server, which will update the folder list and remove them. If you delete the IMAP ost file, Outlook will recreate it and resync without those folders.

iCloud email is kept in an IMAP data file. The folders were deleted from the account online but Outlook hasn't fully synced with the server, which will update the folder list and remove them. If you delete the IMAP ost file, Outlook will recreate it and resync without those folders.

Thanks. I was missing the fact that folders are subscribed in IMAP so I just had to unsubscribe them and then delete the OST file as you pointed out to destroy any unwanted folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
V Auto-complete stopped working Using Outlook 4
P auto-complete is hopelessly broken Using Outlook 0
C AdvancedSearch never Complete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
S Codes for "Mark Complete" the task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
N Auto-complete - block select emails Using Outlook 3
Commodore Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data Using Outlook 6
E Outlook 2010 disable date auto-complete Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Using Outlook 0
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 2013 Recurring Tasks Not Showing Complete Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P Is it possible to convert address book to "Auto-Complete List" (NK2)? Using Outlook 5
Christiaan Could not complete operation because the service provider does not support it Using Outlook 2
T Adding "Mark As Complete" btton to Task Remindet Pop-Up Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Calculate Days Overdue and Days to Complete Tasks Using Outlook 0
A Shortcut for sending complete mail Using Outlook 1
S Microsoft office Cannot complete operation error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
2 Task has a strike through but is not complete - how to remove? Using Outlook 1
J Exchange user showing in auto-complete Exchange Server Administration 10
C Required VBA code to complete task when replied to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Auto Complete incorrect after changing an email address Using Outlook 3
G Address names auto complete not working - Outlook 2007 version Using Outlook 1
P How to delete email addresses from auto-complete list? Using Outlook 2
M How do I link a drop down box to a percent complete box Using Outlook 4
B Marked Complete Rule Using Outlook 0
I Auto Complete disappears every time a user logs out Using Outlook 1
R Outlook download will not complete. Using Outlook 1
T Autocomplete, although enabled, does not complete names in TO: Using Outlook 4
R could not complete your last action or actions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S BCM Not Able to Complete Task - Window won't Clear BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Got error message when sending email:Could not complete the operat Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L reported error (ox80070057)could not complete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J what file contains contacts, tasks and appointments stored locally? Using Outlook 1
F Using Outlook 2007 as an IMAP Mail Station Without Saving Data Locally Using Outlook 2
P Best way to locally backup/archive Gmail? Using Outlook 1
Y Emails downloaded locally, and removed from server Using Outlook 2
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2