Required VBA code to complete task when replied to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hello members!

When we receive a new email we have a rule which flags it for completion today. Once replied to we mark it as complete.

We need a code that would automatically do this. I've tried creating one myself however I'm not that tech-savvy.

It would also be a bonus if the replied message was automatically flagged for follow up the day after. I've tried doing this using rules however they don't want to run on sent items.

Any help or assistance would be very appreciated.

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Rules won't work for this. If you want the flagged marked automatically when you click the Reply button, you'll need to use an Item_Reply event macro. That is the extent of my programming knowledge, D. or someone else will need to tell you how to do it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Start with the macro at http://www.slipstick.com/developer/vba-sample-reply-reply-clicked/

Add this to the code after oResponse.Display

oitem.FlagRequest =olFlagComplete

You can add a flag to oResponse, but this will send the flag to the recipient. Otherwise, you need to use a second macro - I'm not sure if an itemadd or an itemsend macro might work the best. The big problem with either is identifying the message.

Add this before the oResponse.Display:

with oResponse
.MarkAsTask olMarkTomorrow
.ReminderSet = True
end with

Or, use this macro to ask if you want to flag the message - http://www.slipstick.com/developer/code-samples/set-flag-follow-up-using-vba/ - if the messages have keywords you can use an if statement to run the macro only on the messages with that keyword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VBA SWcript Help Required Using Outlook 1
abnet Advice required re backing up .ost and .pst files Using Outlook 7
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
J No response required when delegate arranging meeting Using Outlook 0
A Stopping the required attendee invites Using Outlook 1
K What’s required to use BCM as a collaborative CRM platform? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Help required for multiple identities when switching from POP to IMAP Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Invites automatically adding 'Required Attendees' Using Outlook 1
M No response required message Using Outlook 1
K get-rpcclientaccess encyption required false Exchange Server Administration 1
C Could not save item. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your admini Using Outlook 4
N Are public folders required in Exchange 2010? Exchange Server Administration 3
W Exchange 2010 SP1 Install- Required HotFixes Exchange Server Administration 3
F Powershell help required Exchange Server Administration 4
D Is SSL required? Exchange Server Administration 3
Z Exchange 2010 SP1 - Required DAG number of nodes for Primary and Secondary Data Center deployment Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 Calendare Free/busy required permissions Exchange Server Administration 1
M Network password required when receiving emails Using Outlook 2
J Required and oprtional attendees Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Mailbox database migration required time Exch2003 to Exch2007 vs. Exch2003 to Exch2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
B Compile error: Object required Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L VBA unknown character Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C VBA to prompt for Sent folder destination Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
R Limiting length of saved attachment in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Reference Custom Fields with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G VBA Macro Calendar Printing Assistant 4
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Expand VBA Permanent Delete Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
shrydvd vba to secure zip attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3