Accessing Outlook on my Win7 desktop from Win8 laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecox

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I'm trying to figure out how to access Outlook, installed on my Win7 desktop, from my Win8 Laptop where it is not installed; because I can't afford to plunk down another $!00+ for another copy to install on my laptop, which I understand I would have to do because I am only authorized to install my copy on one machine!

I would love to get unhooked from my addiction to Outlook because the data files are so complicated and scattered throughout so many AppData folders; as sig, rules, templates, archives, etc. etc. It's always frustrated to backup because of the number of hoops I must jump through to them all backed up and I'm always frustrated by the mess that results when I try to re-install Outlook; and get it reconfigured, after a crash. It appears to be impossible to get it to status anti simply by copying all the backed up files to their appropriate locations.

I understand there is a way to integrate Outlook with the internet; so I can access my outlook data files, and contacts, across multiple devices, like my laptop. Something about a mail server or MAPI account?

Any help with this effort would be greatly apprecieated.

Did you read the eula? Retail copies can be installed on a desktop and a portable, provided you are the user of both, eg, you can't install it on your spouses or kids laptop.

Otherwise, the only option is to use remote desktop.

As for integrating outlook with the internet, it's not really outlook, but an exchange server account (Office 365 Exchange online) and to a lessor degree, outlook.com (Hotmail).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
n2b Accessing Plain Text Draft Without Outlook Using Outlook 3
G Issues with accessing Outlook Contact Picture with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P accessing custom task pane with Outlook ActiveInspector Using Outlook 1
S Programmatically accessing Outlook Calendar data Using Outlook 1
H Accessing a control on a frame in Outlook with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Programmatically accessing Outlook properties Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Accessing .pst folder in outlook using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
B Accessing Outlook 2003 Signature Programmatically using C# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Outlook Forms-Accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook custom form - installing and accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem Accessing .MSG Property 'ImageNaturalHeight' Tag '0x80010003' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Accessing ExpiryTime property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Accessing BCM with Excel / Running Reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Problem accessing events for folder "username" Server Threw Exception Using Outlook 1
A "Unable to display the folder" error when accessing Group mailbox Using Outlook 0
Commodore Accessing mail from multiple devices Using Outlook 1
E Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E [SOLVED] Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
R Accessing folder 'Other Contacts' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Accessing Global Address List details with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K assistant accessing from her home computer BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C Accessing _RecipientControl1 (Assigned To) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Daily hours of recurring/ multi-day appts, & accessing mult calend Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R New users creating get page cannot be displayed when accessing OWA Exchange Server Administration 16
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0