Accessing Plain Text Draft Without Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2b

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

This is a simple and probably rather naive question. If I start composing a plain text email in Outlook (2007) and save it locally as a draft (i.e. not in an IMAP folder), is there a way for me to locate it on my computer and open it in a regular text editor, should I need to? I know this would be near impossible if it were a regular MS HTML message, but I'm thinking a plain text draft sounds like the kind of thing that should be open-able and edit-able by another program easily if I start having trouble with Outlook itself.

Thanks!

n2b

Okay, thank you for the reply. (No harm in asking.) :)

You can bet if you asked, someone else was probably curious as well. Now they won't need to ask. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Problem Accessing .MSG Property 'ImageNaturalHeight' Tag '0x80010003' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
G Issues with accessing Outlook Contact Picture with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Accessing ExpiryTime property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Accessing BCM with Excel / Running Reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Problem accessing events for folder "username" Server Threw Exception Using Outlook 1
P accessing custom task pane with Outlook ActiveInspector Using Outlook 1
mikecox Accessing Outlook on my Win7 desktop from Win8 laptop Using Outlook 1
A "Unable to display the folder" error when accessing Group mailbox Using Outlook 0
Commodore Accessing mail from multiple devices Using Outlook 1
S Programmatically accessing Outlook Calendar data Using Outlook 1
E Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E [SOLVED] Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
R Accessing folder 'Other Contacts' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Accessing Global Address List details with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Accessing a control on a frame in Outlook with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Programmatically accessing Outlook properties Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K assistant accessing from her home computer BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Accessing .pst folder in outlook using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
B Accessing Outlook 2003 Signature Programmatically using C# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Outlook Forms-Accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Accessing _RecipientControl1 (Assigned To) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook custom form - installing and accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Daily hours of recurring/ multi-day appts, & accessing mult calend Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R New users creating get page cannot be displayed when accessing OWA Exchange Server Administration 16
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Emails Configured As HTML But Sent As Plain Text Using Outlook 13
M Email Format getting changed to Plain Text Using Outlook 1
A BCM 2010 converts html e-mails to plain text BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Outlook 2013 sends plain text with attachment mail as uuencoded with SMTP conn Using Outlook 2
V Plain Text Signatures Using Outlook 3
H plain text per domain Using Outlook 1
B Received Plain Text Message - Body Grayed Out Using Outlook 1
H Changing the default form in Outlook results in plain text Using Outlook 5
D Mail is received in Plain text even formatted and sent in HTML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S ->[O2007] Any way to know the Plain Text Wrap limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Just Plain Dissapointed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2