Accessing calendar items for Resource Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Has anyone tried and succeeded in accessing via VB.Net and Outlook Programming to programmatically check the contents of a resources calendar, for checking what events have been made by users.

So example is that a school is using a room resource in Exchange or O365, to reserve a room for meetings or events. Outlook handles this nicely, and confirms rejects bookings based on if the room is free.

However a VB.net app needs to display the availability of the resource to users without them manually checking the calendar themselves.

Is this possible? I have tried to use the following code (it works for real mailboxes, but not for resource ones it seems):
objDummy = objApp.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem)
objRecip = objDummy.Recipients.Add(strName)
objRecip.Resolve()
objFolder = objNS.GetSharedDefaultFolder(objRecip, Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderCalendar)

Any ideas or thoughts, would be much appreciated.
Justin

Diane,

Thanks for the response. Appears that the issue was down to Exchange security issues. I had to add the outlook profile to the admin permissions and then wait for 24hrs for the system to synchronise.

Now it has been set correctly. I am able to use the normal resolve methods as if I am reading a colleagues mailbox. Had me stumped as the error message wasn't very helpful.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Programmatically accessing Outlook Calendar data Using Outlook 1
S Problem Accessing .MSG Property 'ImageNaturalHeight' Tag '0x80010003' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
n2b Accessing Plain Text Draft Without Outlook Using Outlook 3
G Issues with accessing Outlook Contact Picture with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Accessing ExpiryTime property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Accessing BCM with Excel / Running Reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Problem accessing events for folder "username" Server Threw Exception Using Outlook 1
P accessing custom task pane with Outlook ActiveInspector Using Outlook 1
mikecox Accessing Outlook on my Win7 desktop from Win8 laptop Using Outlook 1
A "Unable to display the folder" error when accessing Group mailbox Using Outlook 0
Commodore Accessing mail from multiple devices Using Outlook 1
E Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 2 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E [SOLVED] Accessing User Defined Fields in BCM Database part 1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
R Accessing folder 'Other Contacts' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Accessing a Form Region from an Inspector Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Accessing Global Address List details with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Accessing a control on a frame in Outlook with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Programmatically accessing Outlook properties Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K assistant accessing from her home computer BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Accessing .pst folder in outlook using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook closes when accessing History in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
B Accessing Outlook 2003 Signature Programmatically using C# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Outlook Forms-Accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Accessing _RecipientControl1 (Assigned To) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Accessing contact's custom properties in a Outlook 2007 form region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook custom form - installing and accessing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Daily hours of recurring/ multi-day appts, & accessing mult calend Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R New users creating get page cannot be displayed when accessing OWA Exchange Server Administration 16
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1