Draft Folder Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemom1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We have recently noticed that if you start an email by clicking on the New E-Mail icon, then change your mind and close out of the email by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner of the window, the blank email is automatically saved into your Draft folder.

Is that a new feature and is there a way to turn that off? I know you can go into the Draft folder and later delete the item, but that seems like double work.

We didn't notice this in the past... when did this change?

Thanks for any suggestions on how to stop this!

Outlook has always saved drafts, but it should tell you there is a draft and ask if you want to keep it. You can disable saving drafts in File, Options, Mail - about halfway down in the Save Messages section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P Macro to attach a file in a shared Outlook draft folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook 2007 Autosave feature and Draft folder Using Outlook 2
D Saved emails not appearing in draft folder Using Outlook 3
S Create a new Outlook MailItem in an Outlook folder(not a draft) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
J To delete the draft email Using Outlook 2
S My Draft Emails Have Review Tracking Using Outlook 7
B VBA Help Email that will save as draft and send as attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
n2b Accessing Plain Text Draft Without Outlook Using Outlook 3
H Save Draft Emails Using Outlook 3
H Create a Task by Draft-EMail > Task+Reminder not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Content Lost From Draft, Returns Upon Refocus? Using Outlook 0
E can't save draft email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T Outlook Draft Email - Date Using Outlook 4
F Open Draft From Compose Window? Using Outlook 8
M Calendar draft notice - automatically color code? Using Outlook 1
A how to detect email is saved to draft? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R State of encrypt and sign button for a saved mail?(draft) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2