Not open for further replies.

Richard Flack

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Wondering if which is the better way to organise spam

- set up rules to run continually on incoming messages

- use the Junk facility; and periodically run rules against the Junk folder to keep the good stuff and delete the rest.

(Spam comes in different flavours from yummy to toxic so I have several Bulk Mail folders for the stuff I want to keep, at least for a while).

The best way is what works for you. I use a combination of the junk mail filter offered by my email host and the junk email options. I rarely , if ever, look in the junk folder because it's been really accurate for me. AutoArchive clears it out as the spam ages.

If your host doesn't have good spam scanning them you might have more in the junk folder and will need to run rules on it. If bulk mail is getting marked as spam and you want it in another folder, add the address or domain to the safe senders list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Tools for organising rules Using Outlook 1
A Using OR when organising with conditional formatting Using Outlook 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Script for simplifying spam control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
P dealing with SPAM in 2023 Using Outlook 7
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
Witzker Spam Fighting Solution For 3 Synced Outlooks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Can I create a local PST file for SPAM on a drive that is usually disconnected? Using Outlook 3
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
CWM550 OL Spam hold Using Outlook 4
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
P Disable Spam Notifications & Sounds Using Outlook 3
V Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
M godaddy says my outlook's sending spam. Using Outlook 4
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Outlook Add-on for Exchange Spam Management? Exchange Server Administration 2
J [SPAM?] Using Outlook 4
David French Mass e-mail avoiding SPAM Using Outlook 1
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
T How to send to spam/delete emails with specific heading? Using Outlook 3
A VBA Script to Forward Spam to AntiSpam Provider Using "Blank" Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook Changing Sent Message Headings to SPAM =?UTF-8?B?4Liq4Lij4LmJ4L Using Outlook 1
M No More Spam Mail Using Outlook 1
G why are my mails getting marked as spam? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1