Folder hierarchy synch error 80041004

Status
Not open for further replies.

puwexil

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Returned home from an out-of-town trip and am no longer able to synch to my primary e-mail account (an @msn.com account from Hotmail/Outlook.com) in Outlook 2010 on either my desktop or laptop. I had similar problems a few years ago after a similar trip - a common thread is that I changed the time zone on my laptop and used Outlook 2010 to check my mail during the trip. I cannot remember if I did anything that fixed it that time, or if it cleared on its own (though I do remember that it was broken for at least a week).

All of my computers running Outlook 2010 are now on the same time zone, but synch issues persist.

Latest synch issue file: http://pastebin.com/M85DrGFp

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Being that you are like, oh, the 4th person who has complained directly to me since, oh, noon, I'd say it's Outlook.com at fault. I know they are preparing for some updates - it's probably related. I'd give it 24 hours and see if it's back to working.

puwexil

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Synch still not working on my MSN account and it's been 4 days since my last successful one; and I am able to synch with my secondary Hotmail account. Any other suggestions?

puwexil

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Oh, another thing worth noting is that I'm also unable to synch my OneNote workbooks to the same Windows Live/Outlook.com account (error message after entering my Windows Live credentials is "We can't sign you in because the network isn't available. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and try again."); and I am able to successfully synch in both Outlook and OneNote with a different Live/Outlook.com account. From some articles I found online, it sounds like other people have had problems with both of these services together before, though I couldn't find any solutions.

Do you think creating a new profile will help given that the problem seems to extend outside of Outlook?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'd try a second profile with just the problem account in it - see if that fixes it in Outlook. I know there are issues if you have too many outlook.com accounts in the profile (I thought the limit was 3), but maybe recent updates affected it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
One thing to check - in IE's, Tools, Internet options, Advanced, Security, change the setting for "check for server certificate revocation" (you need to restart the computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Outlook Error synchronizing your folder hierarchy : 80041050. Send Not Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
N error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80004005.__ Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Connector error syncing folder hierarchy (0x8004102A) Using Outlook 4
T Problem with Outlook 2007 (running Vista) There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Er Using Outlook 1
B Error with Send/Receive.__There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8004103a. Using Outlook 1
A Error in Mail__Error with Send/Receive.__There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Err Using Outlook 2
C There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8004100d. Using Outlook 3
C Tired of sync issues: There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8004100d. Using Outlook 5
M There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 8004100d. Using Outlook 4
S There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.__ Using Outlook 15
K Exchange 2010 Public Folder Hierarchy Not Replicating From 2007 Exchange Server Administration 7
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 5
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
M Move to Folder Using Outlook 1
K Export Folder to PST Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
A Going to folder using shortcuts Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Auto-archive creates new folder Using Outlook 4
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
J Moving Imported folder Using Outlook 2
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
B VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Retired Geek Junk Folder Clean Up Rules Exchange Server Administration 1
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 365 - Folder pane list clears Using Outlook 24
P Add, remove, & reorder folder pane Using Outlook 6
R Folder pane width change Using Outlook 54
T Missing Folder in Outlook.com Using Outlook 3
R Setup autofoward rule on a particular folder in Outlook Using Outlook 0
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
N Outlook 2016 Folder Icons Look Using Outlook 0
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
R Search/Jump to a folder by typing its name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
R "Can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder." Using Outlook 6