Has been working fine for a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyAppleby

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been using an MS Outlook 2013 account (32 bit, Professional; Windows 7) just fine for a year and it has suddenly stopped sending emails on a POP3 account with MS Word attachments of about 2MB and larger. The thing is, the other email accounts on the same instance of Outlook, including two other POP3 ones, are working just fine. Some additional oddities:
  • The emails go in my Sent folder but the receiver does not get them (tested on multiple recipients; true);
  • The emails send fine from the web service back end, so the issue does indeed appear to be with Outlook itself;
  • Attachments under ~2MB go through just fine; and
  • The file format appears to matter -- only MS Word documents as attachment are not making it through (well, at least large size PDFs and large MS Excel workbooks are making it out properly).
I'm uncertain what may have occurred in the past week. No new programs installed. Thoughts? I've disabled all the .COM add-ins and tried safe mode (yes, lots of closing and re-opening Outlook, too). I'm starting to lose my mind here... Help, please?

What antivirus software do you use? Problems sending larger message is often caused by an antivirus scanner - its takes too long to scan larger attachments and the send times out. It sometimes helps to increase the time out, but honestly, you don't need to use an antivirus scanner on outgoing email. (Or on incoming mail for that matter.)

Diane: Thank you for your response. I'm using Norton Security Suite. I disabled the outgoing email scan (which hadn't previously posed a problem, nor is it affecting my other Outlook accounts) and, regretfully, the same issue still stands. Additional thoughts?

I assume all large attachments, not just email, is affected? Are you sending from word or Inserting the attachment in Outlook? Can the other account send large messages? If so, it could be the server - try changing the time out in File, Account Settings, double click on the account. Click More Settings then Advanced tab to increase the timeout.

Only MS Word documents ~>1.5MB attached to emails crafted in MS Outlook are affected. This is specific to just one POP3 account within Outlook; the other POP3 accounts are operating just fine. I increased the timeout to no effect.

Emails post to the Sent folder in less than 30 seconds (before and after the adjustment above).

The issue remains...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Your mailbox has been temporarily moved ... Using Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Check if sent email has been replied Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky RMS Error: System clock has been tampered with Using Outlook 0
J "This item has been changed still want to delete it" message Using Outlook 3
C Need rule to alert when an email has not been replied to within 24 hours Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions Using Outlook 0
L An () has been inserted after the address in an address box; how do I remove them. Using Outlook 1
Rory Campion Not getting a warning when a shared calendar item has been updated by someone else Using Outlook 2
R Notification/alert when an email has been sat in inbox for a set period of time Using Outlook 1
K Different kind of issue related to creation of archive after one has been deleted Exchange Server Administration 1
N Adding a note to a e-mail which has been marked as follow up Using Outlook 1
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
C Outlook 2013 has been a disaster Using Outlook 8
A 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been found on a block list Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Meeting Response: determine when a meeting response has been edited Using Outlook 1
G "Full Item has not been downloaded" message. HELP! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
G What does 'daily limit has been reached' mean in Outlook 2007? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Notifying users that an email has been handled.....? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J object that has been separated from its underlying RCW Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D outlook.exe application error - breakpoint has been reached. fix? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Has nobody used Office 2021 enough to help me or have you given up on me.......lol Using Outlook 1
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6
D We're sorry but outlook has run into an error Using Outlook 6
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 12
H Outlook 2003 find by "has attachment" Using Outlook 1
A Using or not using apostrophes in search terms has this changed? Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2016 has "Outlook 2015" files Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2016 bottom reading pane has disappeared Using Outlook 2
G Download pdf attachments only if email subject has one of words Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
M AVG has banjaxed Outlook. Using Outlook 1
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Outlook incompleted tasks has strike through Using Outlook 3
B Search function in Office 365 has stopped working Using Outlook 3
S Outlook.com Sync working, Sync to Android has issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Witzker Has Outlook 2010 to be opened for Indexing Win7 Using Outlook 1
Aussie I Change the Subject Line ... but after it is moved the subject has reverted Using Outlook 1
B ...administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Exchange 2013 On premise set MessageRateLimit for User has no effect. Exchange Server Administration 0
E Reading Pane has disappeared Using Outlook 1
tswatek Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Using Outlook 13
H Is It Possible to See Who Has Viewed My Calendar in Exchange? Using Outlook 2