Contact address disappears when opened to edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Belej

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I normally display my contacts in "card view" rather than "list" or "business card" view. When I'm looking at contacts I can see their addresses on the card. But when I double-click the card to edit there is NO address data present in any field (business, home or other). This does not happen to all contacts just to some and I haven't been able to figure out if there is a common denominator to this issue. Anyone see this before?

Diane,
Yes, this is with an Exchange Server 2010 account and using Outlook 2010.
Yes, sync with a device (BB)
Tried "all fields" button but it doesn't show any addresses there. Both business and home addresses are blank there as well.

Diane,

As a follow-up to this issue, I remember having a similar problem with a mail merge. One of my contacts home addresses changed recently. I updated the address and thought nothing more of it. Later, when I was creating a mail-merge it pulled the OLD address that I had recently changed. When I looked at the contact I had a similar but different issue than described above. The "business card" view displayed the old address while the "open-for-editing" contact showed the new address. At the time I was using Outlook 2007 and I found a fix online which was to upgrade to Outlook 2010 and then view the contacts in "list view mode". The "list view mode" somehow updated the addresses to be the same.

So my question, or statement, is where does Outlook keep this information. It apparently stores this in some other location. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the mail merge issue.

Any thoughts?

It's stored only in the contact. It's possible the view was corrupt.

Well, the contact information is stored in the data file - old address information can be in autocomplete, but AFAIK, physical address information is not. Corrupt view is one possibility. If you made the edits on a different computer, it's possible the cache hadn't updated yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2010 - email address disappears when setting up new contact Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 - email address disappears when setting up new contact Using Outlook 3
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
P AGGGGHHHH!!!! - Address Books and Contact Subfolders Using Outlook 5
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
G Create an Appointment at the Contact's Address From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Unable to add email address to contact Using Outlook 3
A Adding a 2010 sharepoint contact list to outlook 2010 address book Using Outlook 1
Tech Checkers Make Outlook add Contact Card Address in Location Field based on Appointment Subject Name. Using Outlook 2
P Is it an address book or a contact folder, I'm discombobulated? Using Outlook 1
M My Contact folder isn't an address book option on colleague's Exchange Using Outlook 2
K Import 2013 Outlook Contact Address into Word Using Outlook 36
J Link Contact to specific from address Using Outlook 2
J saving contact info in specific address books Using Outlook 0
C Include additional contact folders in user's Outlook Address Book centrally by Exchange Server Administration 4
M Business Contact Manager Marketing Campaign default address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
J Contact Email address format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Outlook 2003 - Deleted contact folders still appear in address book Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H I have changed e-mails how do I send new address to all my contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5