Status
Not open for further replies.

JLII

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi folks,

I've searched for what I need in the forums but couldn't find anything that fit our situation. I saw the one referring to pulling an email address from the body and forwarding a template, while also changing the subject. Mine is not as hard I don't think. Sorry if I missed one that fits our needs.

Our situation - we receive email from addresses you cannot reply to. Within the email body is the address in which we are supposed to reply to. When we receive the email from specific email addresses, I want the script/rule to replace the reply-to email address with the address one from the email body. That's so when someone clicks reply, they don't have to manually copy and paste the address into the recipient field - it's done already.

The email address is always listed in the email like this:
"E-mail: anything@anything.any"
or
"Email: [whitespace] anything@anything.any"

Is editing the reply-to address possible when receiving the email? Thanks for the help. Also, I have no experience with VBA or any programming.

Thanks,
JL

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Generally speaking, no you can't edit the reply to address - but I think you might be able to do it using Redemption.

I have a macro at Reply to a web form generated message that grabs the address out of the message body and sends an autoreply to it. This can be converted to a macro that runs when you click a button - it could be converted to run every time you click Reply, if there is something in the body or subject to filter on. Actually, if it's generated by a web form and this is the only mail you get from the web form's address, you could filter on that address.

Do something when reply is clicked shows how to capture the Reply button and do something.

JLII

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks. I'll give redemption a shot.

And if I can't do it that way, I can try the others. It is a web form and it's essentially the only mail I get from the address.

JLII

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Diane, I just thought about doing it another way. What about not changing the reply-to address when I receive it. How about:
If one of my users sends to that address, it extracts the email address from the body and swaps out with the address in the T0: field? (or it could add it, if that is easier?)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If one of my users sends to that address, it extracts the email address from the body and swaps out with the address in the T0: field? (or it could add it, if that is easier?)

Yes, that will work. If you are using a macro to automate this, it can either add to or replace the address in the To field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M rule to change subject, pull email addresses from body, and forward with templ Using Outlook 14
D Redemption? Need rapid pull of Outlook Contacts, email + notes for VBA Using Outlook 1
J multiple email accounts, but only want to pull from two Using Outlook 1
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Subject Line - Pull Down (Customizeable) Menu Outlook Wishlist 1
A Pull mail without marking and processing, only by selecting it Using Outlook 1
Commodore Back/Forward toolbar buttons with pull-down history? Using Outlook 5
E Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Is there an ID field you can use to pair a reply to the sent email? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
Bering Forward selected email without the original email appended Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Aussie Rules Run a Script on an Incoming Email OK and then the Email reverts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Reply to email Using Outlook 4
F Junk Email does not get added to the Blocked Sender List Using Outlook 4
B disappearing original when attach to email Using Outlook 1
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Move Email with Attachment to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Use VBA to find Sender and Recipient from Microsfot 365 Journaled Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
A Two Inboxes, Same Email? Using Outlook 3
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J To delete the draft email Using Outlook 2
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2