Status
Not open for further replies.

JLII

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi folks,

I've searched for what I need in the forums but couldn't find anything that fit our situation. I saw the one referring to pulling an email address from the body and forwarding a template, while also changing the subject. Mine is not as hard I don't think. Sorry if I missed one that fits our needs.

Our situation - we receive email from addresses you cannot reply to. Within the email body is the address in which we are supposed to reply to. When we receive the email from specific email addresses, I want the script/rule to replace the reply-to email address with the address one from the email body. That's so when someone clicks reply, they don't have to manually copy and paste the address into the recipient field - it's done already.

The email address is always listed in the email like this:
"E-mail: anything@anything.any"
or
"Email: [whitespace] anything@anything.any"

Is editing the reply-to address possible when receiving the email? Thanks for the help. Also, I have no experience with VBA or any programming.

Thanks,
JL

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Generally speaking, no you can't edit the reply to address - but I think you might be able to do it using Redemption.

I have a macro at Reply to a web form generated message that grabs the address out of the message body and sends an autoreply to it. This can be converted to a macro that runs when you click a button - it could be converted to run every time you click Reply, if there is something in the body or subject to filter on. Actually, if it's generated by a web form and this is the only mail you get from the web form's address, you could filter on that address.

Do something when reply is clicked shows how to capture the Reply button and do something.

JLII

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks. I'll give redemption a shot.

And if I can't do it that way, I can try the others. It is a web form and it's essentially the only mail I get from the address.

JLII

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Diane, I just thought about doing it another way. What about not changing the reply-to address when I receive it. How about:
If one of my users sends to that address, it extracts the email address from the body and swaps out with the address in the T0: field? (or it could add it, if that is easier?)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If one of my users sends to that address, it extracts the email address from the body and swaps out with the address in the T0: field? (or it could add it, if that is easier?)
Yes, that will work. If you are using a macro to automate this, it can either add to or replace the address in the To field.

Status
Not open for further replies.