Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Crews

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This has been plaguing me for a couple of days. I had to reload Office 2013 on my business laptop. Everything is working fine with the exception of Outlook. My email is hosted on a Office 365 Exchange Server on GoDaddy. When I have used the auto setup through control panel and enter the server name "outlook.office365.com" it searches until it times out. A talk with GoDaddy Support suggested turning off firewalls, AV software, malware software, etc. Did that, same results. Another call suggested getting my specific server name by logging in via the GoDaddy control panel for my Office265 Outlook account. I did that and found the server name. Going back to the Outlook email setup I entered the server name as identified on GoDaddy. Now I get "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable, Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." message. I am stuck. HELP! I have been without business email (except via OWA) for 4 days now.

So the auto-account setup doesn't work at all? You shouldn't need to use the manual setup (where you enter server name) with Exchange accounts.

If you set it up from Control panel, Mail, does it work?

Hi Diane,
Yes everyone, including Mircosoft, says that auto-set-up should work. I have set up an IMAP email account with my Outlook but no joy on the Office365 Exchange email I have for my business.

Yes all of my attempts have been through the Control Panel.

I am stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
W Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
C Connect VBA(outllok) with JavaScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky Direct Connect to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook Using Outlook 0
H Can't connect to icloud Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
G Connect Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com Exchange Server Administration 1
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J BCM 2010 - New user cannot connect to remote DB BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M Can one inter-connect tasks such that dependent task(s) are hidden? Using Outlook 1
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
D can't connect to my hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
M BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
L Sending reported error - 0x800CCC13. Cannnot connect to the network Using Outlook 5
R Shared database greyed out and cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
F How do I connect the database from my laptop to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not connect to db BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M How to connect to SQL DB from outlook programmatically? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P 2007 business contact manager error unable to connect to databas BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Cannot Connect to BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
K New Computer-Connect Outlook to existing bigpond mail account? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Connect Outlook Calendar with Hotmail Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
E Cannot connect to database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
D Outlook 2016 and Earlier with Office365 in 2021 Using Outlook 3
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Transition Office365 Home Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
D Office365 Conference Room name change? Using Outlook 5
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
S Empty an Office365 public folder containing 20.000 messages Using Outlook 2
GoofyDK Office365 and meeting ressources Using Outlook 2
P What Are Alternatives for New Email Client After Office365 Using Outlook 8
A Outlook.com migrating to Office365, contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky New Office365 Feature: URL Preview in OWA Using Outlook 0
M office365 causing mouse lag? Exchange Server Administration 4
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0