"there was an error reading this theme"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupert Dragwater

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I just noticed tonight when I went to use a particular theme in Outlook 2013, I get this thrilling message, "there was an error reading this theme."
A couple of the themes do work but I notice the majority of them do not. I am using Windows 10 and happy that I am.
Please advise as to what might be causing this and how I can overcome it. Thanks!

Seriously! Thank you for the excellent help. This forum is definitely the place to come for fast help. The third reply here did the trick. Thanks again.

Apparently Diane, it healed itself or an Outlook update might have come down the tubes and fixed it. Some of the themes would work and others wouldn't. I just double checked it now and each one seems to work ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Error Message: There was an error generating the XML document BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
N Which Button Was Clicked on the Ribbonbar Menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
L Creating drafts when I thought I was sending Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
Norbert VBA Flag that would indicate the email was sent from Outlook to Access. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
wisedave Missing icon that show message was forwarded, etc Using Outlook 1
P Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window Using Outlook 8
S Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access Using Outlook 3
G Reply using address a message was sent to Using Outlook 2
C Whose brilliant idea was to make it more difficult to scroll in Outlook? Using Outlook 0
D See Email Address Received Email was Sent To? Using Outlook 1
D Will Outlook 2010 work with Office 2013 H&S that was preinstalled Using Outlook 2
A automatically remove flag from original message when a response was received Using Outlook 2
E My Outlook 2010 contacts list was hijacked! Using Outlook 10
J View the date a contact was created Using Outlook 7
A When was an item deleted Using Outlook 1
P Was Helvetica crashing Outlook, now fix has messed up explorer Using Outlook 4
P the outlook 2007 calendar cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another windo Using Outlook 4
J Can't run macro Outlook 2007 that was created in Word 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M MailItem object has no property for when a reply was sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Z Check if email was sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Event Error on non existent Event. Using Outlook 2
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V Outlook error 500 Using Outlook 2
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6
D We're sorry but outlook has run into an error Using Outlook 6
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0