Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Somers

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi, I would be really grateful if you have any ideas that I can try. I just installed outlook 2016 from the latest office 365. I initially set up the account to connect to gmail email and this works well. I cant connect to outlook.com to get the calendar.
When my gmail address in the auto account setup, it defaults to imap.gmail.com and not outlook.com. There don't seem to be any manual setup options that would get me to outlook.com.
Please help.
Thanks,
Will

For now (since the server migration), you need to create an outlook.com alias and sign in using that.

In the future (later this summer/fall), they will enable the Microsoft Cloud to sync gmail calendar and contacts to outlook.

In the future (later this summer/fall), they will enable the Microsoft Cloud to sync gmail calendar and contacts to outlook.
Would you mind linking to a source for this information? All I could find via a Google search is upcoming support for Outlook 2016 for Mac - apparently Windows Outlook users aren't so lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
A Cant See outbox items on a secondary Account Exchange Server Administration 3
K cant read email or open attachement Using Outlook 0
jChambler Cant install BCM on windows 10 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
R Cant reinstall POP email account Using Outlook 2
E Cant open open outlook2013 Using Outlook 4
Wotme Cant delete a task in task folder Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2013 cant stay connected to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
P cant open tasks in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
C Cant find emails after moving pst Using Outlook 1
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 cant send email with vista Home Premium Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2007 cant create new account Using Outlook 7
D cant open vcf file Using Outlook 1
B cant accept iCal calendar invites in Outlook 2007 (SP3) Using Outlook 4
S my account cant receive email... Using Outlook 1
P PST reached maximum size- cant delete emails to slim it down Using Outlook 5
S Why Cant i send lots of emails from my hotmail in bulk? Using Outlook 1
C Cant see detailed progress of sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
I BCM install error on XP SP3 with Outlook 2007 - cant install Interop BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L cant view the history section in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M cant find my BCM 2007 disc BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Outlook can't connect to Office 365 at resort hotel Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
C Connect VBA(outllok) with JavaScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky Direct Connect to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Connect Gmail Calendar to Outlook Using Outlook 0
H Can't connect to icloud Using Outlook 0
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
G Connect Outlook 2010 to Outlook.com Exchange Server Administration 1
R BCM 2010 Problem with remote office (VPN) users cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
J BCM 2010 - New user cannot connect to remote DB BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M Can one inter-connect tasks such that dependent task(s) are hidden? Using Outlook 1
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
D can't connect to my hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
E Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server/Cannot send mess. Using Outlook 0
M BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
L Sending reported error - 0x800CCC13. Cannnot connect to the network Using Outlook 5
R Shared database greyed out and cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
F How do I connect the database from my laptop to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not connect to db BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1