Emails being sent to Inbox and IPM_Subtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybradders

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with this issue. I've had an Outlook.com (previously Hotmail) account for many years. Quite recently i started to notice i that couldn't see emails that people had sent to me in my inbox. On doing a search i could find the email but i would still be unable to see it in the Inbox.

I connected my outlook.com to my Office version of outlook and have the same problem. However now when i search the mails i can see they're in a folder called IPM_Subtree.
After doing some searching i can see that people often complain that they've lost mail and they've somehow dragged them into here but i can't find an answer as to why some, not all, mail is getting delivered here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Are you using rules to move mail?
Are they visible in the Outlook Today folder if you disable outlook today? (right click on the folder, choose properties, then deselect 'show folder home page' on the folder home page tab)

Hi Diane,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have rules to move some mail. For example mail from my wife goes into a folder but this seems to be a random thing that some mail being delivered to Inbox and some not.

They're not visible in Outlook today no.

UPDATE - I just checked out mu rules again...........

I had the most stupid rule setup. It was so broad i can't believe i actually got any mail in my mailbox. Added to that it was moving it to the folder described earlier.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the right direction Diane.

They're not visible in Outlook today no.
Not visible on the outlook today page, but in the folder -

right click on the folder that opens outlook today, choose properties. On the Home page tab, deselect show home page. This will show you the contents of the folder so you can drag them to other folders. Repeat the steps to turn Outlook Today back on.

I dragged a message into that top level folder and this is what i see when Outlook Today is turned off.

outlook-today.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
E Sent Emails not being saved Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Emails being archived when I press the A key accidentally - how do I stop this? Using Outlook 0
B Saved emails in folders I created on left of screen are being erased as I open each folder Using Outlook 0
P Threat to being a spammer while sending automatic Emails through VBA Using Outlook 3
M Emails being automatically deleted from Inbox Using Outlook 12
Q After being read, emails disappear Using Outlook 8
H Move Selected emails to Local Drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Flagged Emails highlighted in yellow Using Outlook 2
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Edit incoming emails to remove a certain sentence added by the "system" Using Outlook 1
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
K mark emails with colour manually (like in thunderbird) Using Outlook 1
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Unable to view older emails in desktop app Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Horsepower Lost emails Using Outlook 4
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J how to stop junk emails from *.onmicrosoft.com ? Using Outlook 2