Emails being sent to Inbox and IPM_Subtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybradders

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with this issue. I've had an Outlook.com (previously Hotmail) account for many years. Quite recently i started to notice i that couldn't see emails that people had sent to me in my inbox. On doing a search i could find the email but i would still be unable to see it in the Inbox.

I connected my outlook.com to my Office version of outlook and have the same problem. However now when i search the mails i can see they're in a folder called IPM_Subtree.
After doing some searching i can see that people often complain that they've lost mail and they've somehow dragged them into here but i can't find an answer as to why some, not all, mail is getting delivered here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using rules to move mail?
Are they visible in the Outlook Today folder if you disable outlook today? (right click on the folder, choose properties, then deselect 'show folder home page' on the folder home page tab)

monkeybradders

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Hi Diane,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have rules to move some mail. For example mail from my wife goes into a folder but this seems to be a random thing that some mail being delivered to Inbox and some not.

They're not visible in Outlook today no.

monkeybradders

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
UPDATE - I just checked out mu rules again...........

I had the most stupid rule setup. It was so broad i can't believe i actually got any mail in my mailbox. Added to that it was moving it to the folder described earlier.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the right direction Diane.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
They're not visible in Outlook today no.
Not visible on the outlook today page, but in the folder -

right click on the folder that opens outlook today, choose properties. On the Home page tab, deselect show home page. This will show you the contents of the folder so you can drag them to other folders. Repeat the steps to turn Outlook Today back on.

I dragged a message into that top level folder and this is what i see when Outlook Today is turned off.

outlook-today.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
E Sent Emails not being saved Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Emails sent but not being received Using Outlook 2
J large emails are being sent continually! Using Outlook 2
A Emails mysteriously being deleted from inbox and sent Using Outlook 9
N Emails sent from Outlook 2010 are being received with some corruption of the body text Using Outlook 37
B Saved emails in folders I created on left of screen are being erased as I open each folder Using Outlook 0
P Threat to being a spammer while sending automatic Emails through VBA Using Outlook 3
M Emails being removed from the server even with the box checked to leave a copy on the server Using Outlook 1
N Hosted exchange emails not being delivered Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2007 - Emails being delivered to unspecified Recipient Mailbox Folder. Using Outlook 1
W Not using the correct email account when replying to emails that have arrived after being forwarded from one email account to another Using Outlook 1
B Stop read receipts from being requested when i send emails Using Outlook 1
A Duplicate emails being displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 9
M Emails being automatically deleted from Inbox Using Outlook 12
Q After being read, emails disappear Using Outlook 8
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 1
Phillip Bit.ly emails Using Outlook 1
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
G Alerting on missed emails in conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sync 'On my computer' emails Using Outlook 1
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
P Flagging emails in conversations Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2016 will not move emails in search results Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 Deleting emails without affecting folder structure - Outlook Office 365 Using Outlook 3
M Filter Conversations - Filter Out Single Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Record opened emails for reopening later Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Deleting emails from storage folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
DoctorJellybean Outlook 365 doesn't always mark emails as read Using Outlook 3
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
A Custom VBA to sort emails into folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0