• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Making Subject field writable (disable Read Only)

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi, I'm working on a custom form that contains only a Company, Subject, and a few other custom fields I created. This is contained in a new folder, that will only use this one custom form. I would like for the Company and Subject to contain different information. (This is what I did with it in Outlook 2000.) Yet the Subject always duplicates the Company, without allowing me to change the Subject independently. I noticed that the Subject field is listed in Properties as Read Only. It won't allow me to change it there. In Advanced Properties, it allowed me to change "Locked" from True to False. That still didn't make the field writable though.

I'm wondering if there is a simple email setting I might have missed? (I'm not using Outlook for email.) Any ideas? Thanks!

Markon

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is a contact form? Subject should be the full name field. unlocking it lets you type in the field but it doesn't save the value... but if i go to all fields and enter something, it saves it - at least until i change the full name (i used run this form to test it).

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks Diane. Yes this is a contact form. The form is used for things like pages on a website, graphics items, ideas, etc. I've found that Contacts make a great parent for things like that if you put the form in its own folder and rename everything to what you need.

That did work, changing Subject from All Fields. Since I need to be able to enter the values directly in the form, I've decided to use the Department field for this instead and change the Name and Caption where needed. Thanks again!