Status
Not open for further replies.

Currie Carter

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Dear Ms Potemsky,

Let me say, first, how much I appreciate your knowledge about Outlook and the always generous, compendious answers you share and the speed with which you respond .

First Question:

I'm using Outlook 2010 and am receiving spam from a number of domains that end in ".rest" such as "actioen.rest" and "coumy.rest". Is there a way to block all domains ending in ".rest" such as using a wild card character such as "@*.rest"?

Second Question:

Threre are other domains that use the same "dotted double word domains such as "manageshopping.online", "autoserla.shop", and "qq740.com". Would such a fix also work for them?

Currently the only way I can block these emails is to copy the full address, open the blocked senders tab, paste the entire address into the field, delete the first half of the address, and then block the whole domain; i.e @holej.rest. This is pretty time-consuming. And of course, it still allows email through that uses a domain that differs from @holj.rest such as @bnm.rest.

Any help or insight that you have into resolving this nuisance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Currie Carter

I'm using Outlook 2010 and am receiving spam from a number of domains that end in ".rest" such as "actioen.rest" and "coumy.rest". Is there a way to block all domains ending in ".rest" such as using a wild card character such as "@*.rest"?
Wild card, no, but you can use rules to delete mail from spam domains - fpr common words, like .shop, there is a risk it could get real mail, such as if Sender@mail.shoptalk.com sent an email.

Thank you, once again Ms. Poremsky! And, my apologies for my careless mis-spelling of your name in my first email. Currie Carter

You're welcome.

Re: names: I hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned it. :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C blocking domains Using Outlook 3
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
E Blocking specific meetings Using Outlook 2
W Blocking list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
B When I add more search strings to RULES, it is not processing them Using Outlook 3
O Display more months in 'Tasks' Using Outlook 3
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E When more than "ItemSend" is needed Using Outlook 5
K adding more rules to 'different domains check' macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Booking meetings more than 180 days out Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Using Outlook 0
W Showing more months in the Calendar nav pane Using Outlook 10
B Search Folder for search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders Using Outlook 3
C Quick Parts signatures suddenly require more letters Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Make 'today' stand out more in the calendar Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky More Tools and Utilities for Sharing Outlook Data Using Outlook 0
N To do bar - show more than 30 days of appointments Using Outlook 0
Q shortcut to more stationery Using Outlook 4
F Missing "More Settings" in Outlook 2007 Professional Using Outlook 8
O Stop more than one person responding to an email? Using Outlook 1
J Show three or more months in Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Can't open same msg file more than once at the same time in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
A Setting RULES with more than one condition in MS OUTLOOK Using Outlook 6
T using IMAP with a single email account on two or more computers Using Outlook 3
C Whose brilliant idea was to make it more difficult to scroll in Outlook? Using Outlook 0
G "database is not compatible with BCM for Outlook 2013" & more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Using iCloud in more than one Outlook profile Using Outlook 0
B Consolidating more than one Outlook profiles Using Outlook 1
dolke Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content... Using Outlook 7
M No More Spam Mail Using Outlook 1
K Need to get OOO messages more than once for the same email box Using Outlook 2
Y BCM Contacting 2 or more contacts under one account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Help with optimizing Outlook (With BCM and more) Using Outlook 3
B Would like to add more fields in the Genral contacts tab Using Outlook 1
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T More than one outlook account to setup & move Using Outlook 1
D Add-In or Other to Make Outlook More "OneNote Like"? Using Outlook 5
D RE: How to display more items per day in monthly calendar? Using Outlook 2
E Creating Form Regions with more than one page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
E Creating Form Regions with more than one page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E Display Outlook Data from more than one Folder like SQL JOIN Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Unable to enumerate Mailboxes in NON Cached Mode (if more than 2) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
U Outlook does not recognize one or more names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1