Display Outlook Data from more than one Folder like SQL JOIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

escamoteur

Hi

if I want do get a result datas set that contains fields from two tables I can do a simple JOIN query with SQL.

Is it possible (probably not) to create Outlook Views that combine fields from different folders. E.g. Taskfields together with

Contact fields depending on certain field values.

If not, is is possible to fill a explorer window with y fully custom view? Where I fill the rows from my plugin??

I'm using Outlook 2007

Best

Tom
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

You'd have to gather the data from one folder at a time and aggregate it

yourself. You'd need a form with something like a grid control, an Explorer

can't show items from more than one folder at a time in its grid control.

"escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message

news:BA68ACCD-9CCA-43D5-980C-CD0E92A5D8A7@microsoft.com...
> Hi

> if I want do get a result datas set that contains fields from two tables I
> can do a simple JOIN query with SQL.

> Is it possible (probably not) to create Outlook Views that combine fields
> from different folders. E.g. Taskfields together with Contact fields
> depending on certain field values.

> If not, is is possible to fill a explorer window with y fully custom view?
> Where I fill the rows from my plugin??

> I'm using Outlook 2007
> Best
> Tom
 
E

escamoteur

I was already fearing you would tell me that. Is there a way to display my own control instead of an Explorer View?

Best

Tom
<kenslovak@mvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23CPIBAMJKHA.4232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> You'd have to gather the data from one folder at a time and aggregate it
> yourself. You'd need a form with something like a grid control, an Explorer
> can't show items from more than one folder at a time in its grid control.

> >

>

> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message
> news:BA68ACCD-9CCA-43D5-980C-CD0E92A5D8A7@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
>

>
>> if I want do get a result datas set that contains fields from two tables I
> > can do a simple JOIN query with SQL.
>

>> Is it possible (probably not) to create Outlook Views that combine fields
> > from different folders. E.g. Taskfields together with Contact fields
> > depending on certain field values.
>

>> If not, is is possible to fill a explorer window with y fully custom view?
> > Where I fill the rows from my plugin??
>

>> I'm using Outlook 2007
> > Best
> > Tom

>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Only by using an overlay using a window created using Win32 API calls and

then overlaid over the existing grid window, called the SuperGrid.

For Outlook 2007 you could display an Explorer Custom Task Pane with a grid

in it, that's an alternative but only for Outlook 2007 (or 2010).

"escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> wrote in message

news:7B4B307F-4E02-4A29-84A2-B31708A06A26@microsoft.com...
> I was already fearing you would tell me that. Is there a way to display my
> own control instead of an Explorer View?
> Best
> Tom
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 message content does not display - outlook.com; exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
soadfan Outlook rules look up display name only Using Outlook 4
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2016 Calendar multiday event display Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item Using Outlook 0
K Display sub-folders in body of outlook Using Outlook 1
O How to display multi-line task in To-Do List - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Pictures don't display in Outlook messages Using Outlook 4
M Outlook VBA Macro that could retrieve/display the (From, Subject, Date Received) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
William Yeack Outlook/Exchange - Changing display of “From” user Using Outlook 3
M Display as name in outlook contacts changes Using Outlook 5
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
B Display of Sending Account in Outlook 2007 no longer works Using Outlook 2
P Outlook can not display picture inline. Using Outlook 7
O Outlook 2013 contacts - Where to find "Display as"-field Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 'From' and 'Display As' Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Calendar Display Using Outlook 10
F Outlook 2010 contact e-mail Display as: does not show contact name Using Outlook 2
C Optimize your Outlook 2013 screen display for touch Using Outlook 1
J outlook having sort by date or from unable to display sender name. Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2013 display the wrong font Using Outlook 7
C [outlook-users] Display Name Using Outlook 3
B Outlook cannot display this view Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 People Pane doesn't display appointments Using Outlook 2
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not add or display new email accounts Using Outlook 3
L Anyway to Display entire category list in Outlook 2007 automatically? Using Outlook 1
S Display SharePoint document library in a customized Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M how to change outlook calendar time display Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 2007 Custom Form does not display in 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
R Capture Sender's Display name and Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
N Contact display as Using Outlook 2
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1

Similar threads

Top