Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybear

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
Within the last two weeks my Outlook 2007 has stopped displaying images in emails from Gmail (imap) & Juno (pop3). I also lost the ability when composing email to have the To: or Cc: line provide an email address. It is necessary to access my Outlook address book, look-up the name & insert into the To: or Cc: line now.

Windows 7 Home Premium, Norton 360, is3 Stopzilla and CBS Advanced Uninstaller w/ Daily Health Check are in use. Also, security service from my bank Rapport protects passwords while on-line. No issues reported or experienced previously with programs installed.

This seems to have occurred after a recent Microsoft update. I am worn-out trying every fix I can find on the internet, with no joy in fixing the issue. I really need images on several emails that I regularly receive as there is no internet link for some of the emails.

I (personally) do not remember changing anything myself. Frustration is growing. Any real help out there, sure would be welcome.

Does it work in Safe mode? To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

By 'stopped displaying images' are they images stored on a web server or attachments?

Diane:

By holding down "ctrl" & opening in Safe Mode, I am now able to view the images & right click 'download images' is also now working. My next question is - WHY? I have rebooted numerous times & opened my operating system in Safe Mode (only) to find Outlook would not display the images. That said, why has the suddenly occurred (within the last 12-days)?

and TTHANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!! I have a lot yet to learn that is for sure.

Diane:
In response to your second question re: web or server attachments? I honestly do not know.

When it works in outlook's safe mode, it usually means an addin or support file is the cause. What addins are installed - look in Tools, Trust Center, Addins.

Dear Diane:

I have attached a *.pdf file showing the files that are active in my 2007 Outlook COM Add-ins at present. Of course I did not 'add' them so programs installed have done such. Whatever the cause/change it occurred after an 'update' (not sure who's update) about 12-days ago. With your help I am learning more and more - thanks again.

Attachments

• Maybear52 Outlook 2007 COM-Add-ins.pdf
    58.9 KB · Views: 951
My guess is that either Norton or Outlook change Notifier (an ITunes addin) is at fault. click the Go botton at the bottom of the screen and remove the check mark from those two addins and see if it helps.

If you aren't using Exchange mailbox, groove or sharepoint, you could uncheck the exchange, groove, and sharepoint addins. And the mobile service if you aren't sending text message through outlook.

Diane:

My guess is I have somehow upset the guru's that manage Outlook and Microsoft. I do not use iTunes, not do I have an iPod, iPhone, etc. I can find no area in Norton 360 that indicates a change or even appears to remotely control anything to do with email. I do not use text messaging, mail exchange, groove, sharepoint and the mobile service. I will use One-Note to save a series of emails from one source.

Now this past Thursday evening Microsoft provided an update for Office, Windows, etc. and my Wi-Fi driver update. It appears the Wi-Fi driver update is/was corrupted and now I am fighting that issue. Verizon helped me restore my Wi-Fi connection, but now my Wi-Fi printer kicks in and out, never know when it will print or not.

I do appreciate your help but nothing changes the problem. Only in Safe Mode with right click images will be viewed.

I have deleted Norton Email Spam add-in, with no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Sudden change in From field - now very short Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i All of a sudden I lost connection to Gmail servers Using Outlook 8
A OL 2007 problem - sudden large increase in message size Using Outlook 12
Z All of a sudden Microsoft outlook 2007 lost its profile Using Outlook 18
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Unable to change AppointmentItem.Start property Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
sjmo2 Change subject for new e-mails only. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
whizzard Change FROM address based on TO or CC address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
V Can one change the formatting of email title blocks? Using Outlook 0
S Unable to change Message Class Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 365 Can you change the follow up colour? Using Outlook 1
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook VBA change GetDefaultFolder dynamically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O What would be the recommended way to change an email address (family member)? Using Outlook 0
S Change "This Week" flag start date behavior Using Outlook 1
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Change Microsoft Account password - what to do to update on all devices Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
Witzker HowTo Change message Class of contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 delete reminder you can’t make change to contents of this-read only folder Using Outlook 4
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R How to Change Margins In Google Docs...? Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How can I change the font size on right side appointment pane Using Outlook 12
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Change Font and Font size using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
D Change senders title Using Outlook 1
W Recurrence: delete older occurrences / change earliest start time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
B Change row background color of selected item Using Outlook 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
B Change from Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
Z See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
V Change start time based on message duration Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Folder pane width change Using Outlook 90
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
P How can I change my calendar view back Using Outlook 3
A Edit subject - and change conversationTopic - using VBA and redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Change the selected Message in the Outlook window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
geofferyh How to change the Attachment File Name? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Appointment occurrences change the location property Using Outlook 0
T Scheduled footer change Using Outlook 2