Outlook 2010 Sudden change in From field - now very short

Discussion in 'Using Outlook' started by mimosaflower, Oct 11, 2017.

1. mimosaflower

mimosaflower

All of a sudden the "From" field in email messages is shorter than it was previously.

The "from" line is now so short it is completely uninformative. It wasn't that way earlier.

It seems to be only for items in my inbox. If I move them to another folder, then I can see more in the "from" field.

Does anyone know what happened and if I can go back to what it was like before? I am not aware that I changed anything on my end.

2. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

I'd start with resetting the view on the folder. I width of the field may have changed, which would affect how much you see in that field.

3. mimosaflower

mimosaflower

Thank you Diane for responding.

Now that I am looking at it again, I realize what is different but I am mystified as to how or why it changed since I am not aware that I did anything.

I have 2 email addresses that Outlook 2010 pulls in. In one it displays: From, Subject, Received, Size. On the other it only displays From, Received, Size.

So the Subject is missing from the inbox of one address. However, if I move an email from that inbox to a folder, then I get the Subject.

What has happened and how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

4. Diane Poremsky

Diane Poremsky

it's the view. I would first try resetting the view on that folder - in 2010, look on the views tab - Reset should be 3rd button. Other option is changing the view or applying the view from another folder to this one - those are also on the Views tab, Change view button.

5. mimosaflower

mimosaflower

Thanks so much. That took care of it.