did MS ever add way to text via Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len Raphael

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if you don't know the recipient's cell phone carrier ?

i do use Red Oxygen, I've contacted them to ask. Didn't think one could text "vca" or wev those calendar thingees are.

I setup a website a while back, but the user that wanted SMS Texts, had to enter their carrier as well as their cell-phone number.

However, it must be possible now (somehow) because DoorDash Texts me, and I never gave them my carrier (only my phone number).

They use a text service - you only need the carrier and phone if you are sending email or using some 3rd party text services, which may connect directly with the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P How did hacker cause link to delete and archive containing email? Using Outlook 6
M Recent Update Did not Fix Search Problems Using Outlook 7
Horsepower Where did Evenote come from? Using Outlook 6
N linking an already sent/rec'd email to contact record like it did in 2000 Using Outlook 0
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
T Where did my categorized emails go? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2013: How did "Inbox" emails jump straight to the "Recover Deleted Items" Folder? Using Outlook 2
P Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Using Outlook 2
C Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Using Outlook 2
H Hotmail set not to delete from other accounts, but did. Settings in Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
D business contact manager did not install with outlook 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A COM add-in causes Outlook 2007 to periodically crash where it did not in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M BCM did not install BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Ever notice that the fonts in Outlook seem to be depend on the build? Using Outlook 1
J ever since I started using Outlook, I cannot get an email from an app I use Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0